Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Free Websocket Mugbot

Started by _____ [2101367] on in Graveyard.

8 replies · 957 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
65
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
53 / 100
Story score
70 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

Most-liked replies

_____ [2101367]

 

 

------------

 

  • I release the code in the public domain. Do what you want with it.

 

  • It worked 3 months ago, but I haven't used it since then (started feeling bad mugging all the noobs selling donator packs). If you try it out, let me know if it still works. If it doesn't, it probably just needs a minor tweak.

 

  • It's legal - it passively monitors a page that you manually open, and sends browser notifications when relevant. No automated actions are performed. Review the source code yourself, it's only 300 lines.

 

  • It won't work for RW weapons/armor, as they don't show sellers directly on the page. You could use the same principle for them - but they require manually clicking every listing (to trigger an API call that retrieves the seller ID), which is waaaaaaaay too much work for a lazy mugger.

 

 

Why?

 

[image: i.imgur.com]

 

 

 

 

_____ [2101367]

Looks like they updated the websocket event structure since I first wrote this, so it needs an update.

 

I'm not very active on this game right now, so I leave it as an exercise to the reader to update the public domain script above to the new websocket event format.

 

Good luck!

 

Since I had it open, and have a cursor subscription... just had AI update it for the new websocket format real quick. If you re-download the latest, it should work out of the box (just have to update your API key).

 

Stephen_Lynx [2869110]

I have some criticism: 

1: you hard coded a list of ids to be ignored because they might be "too strong", but "too strong" is relative and group attacks exist. You also require the user to edit the code to add their key. These two could be configurable with a simple UI, specially if you are going out of your way to make it an extension instead of a tampermonkey script.

 

2: wtf is the line 58 comment?

 

3: a lot of printing, if you want normal users using and you want them to see these messages, you should use an alert pop up.

 

4: you could break some of this into separate functions, like all the code between lines 40 and 210, that's all single callback.

_____ [2101367]

Since I had it open, and have a cursor subscription... just had AI update it for the new websocket format real quick. If you re-download the latest, it should work out of the box (just have to update your API key).

 

--------

 

1: you hard coded a list of ids to be ignored because they might be "too strong", but "too strong" is relative and group attacks exist. You also require the user to edit the code to add their key. These two could be configurable with a simple UI, specially if you are going out of your way to make it an extension instead of a tampermonkey script.

 

You get what you pay for. It's public domain, feel free to add a UI and then charge for it.

 

2: wtf is the line 58 comment?

 

It's the payload Torn was sending in a websocket when a new item was added to the item market. Stuck it there to help out my AI agents as they were coding.

 

3: a lot of printing, if you want normal users using and you want them to see these messages, you should use an alert pop up.

 

I didn't want any users. They are nothing but trouble. Look at Ched, I bet his hair turns gray early.

 

4: you could break some of this into separate functions, like all the code between lines 40 and 210, that's all single callback.

 

I think there's a misunderstanding here. I ain't painting the Mona Lisa.

 

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

I'm way too lazy to steal my laptop from my 9 yo making 1000 wish lists on Amazon. But if I wasn't, this would be the start of my villain arc.

bogie [148747] Admin Staff

I am removing this until we can ensure it is compliant and not just running whilst you're not actively viewing pages. 

 

Whilst this clearly isn't for watching dozens of categories and feeding mug bots we cannot guarantee such things would be used legally due to non focused tabs.

GIFTS [2612583]

So are MUGBOTS now Illegal? I know I keep getting hit by Item Market Mug BOTS! Most every HOF faction I know of runs them!