Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Paralyze

Started by Baws [1704965] on in Questions & Answers.

20 replies · 197 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Shooby [2510470]

I know it does work on defends as I know people who have used it for that specific purpose, though I don't know what it displays. I assume it just shows up as a debuff counter. 

 

It's 300 seconds of 50% chance of missing. So effectively the entire fight, not something you could just wait out.

Baws [1704965]

I just wondered how it would work. Given when attacking with it you take a turn and then your opponent has a 50% chance to miss the turn, I assume as an attacker going against this you’d at least get to try every other turn?

Shooby [2510470]

what do you mean? It's a damaging hit proc. Once its proc'd nothing about the fight changes except every attack they make for 300 seconds has an additional 50% chance to miss turns.

Baws [1704965]

X% chance to Paralyze opponent causing 50% chance to miss future turns

This is the wording.

 

I’ve used this in an attacking sense and it doesn’t even allow the opponent a chance to attack after I’ve made a shot/strike. I’m curious if it allows a player to attempt an attack or not? I understand it’s a proc damaging hit, and from that point the person has a 50% chance to miss turns. But how is that calculated?

 

Here is an attack log of it working. There is no mention that they tried to hit me and it misses…

 

Attack 

Shooby [2510470]

I mean if you have it equipped we can test it. 

 

What I'd assume is it probably calculates after your attack generates and just makes you attack multiple times in a row. If it skips their turn, I don't think they'll even have the opportunity to select an attack input. 

0xHemlock [2662912]

I've seen it happen on one of my defends before, and I wish I saved the log.

 

Iirc, from the attacker's perspective, your opponent suddenly makes 2+ attacks and the turn counter goes up accordingly. So you attack, get hit with paralyze, and suddenly your opponent is getting extra attacks per action you make.

0xHemlock [2662912]

Statistically it's a little more complicated, but in general yes. In a theoretically possible but statistically impossible attack, you can attack once and stalemate due to missing your next 24 turns.

Shooby [2510470]

like above said sounds like disarm. Paralyze completely skips their turn so they won't have access to any weapon or temps 

arithond [3004651]

Shooby and dxhemlock above have all the facts, nothing else needs adding about those specifics

 

It looks a lot like how a Rage melee proc appears in fight logs for the attacker. This might not be helpful if you've not seen that either

 

Good time to plug my 10% paralyze milkor. Finally nearly maxed XP on it if someone else wants to grab it soon for a fun weapon to level. Log below is just a regular mission target from yesterday but the sort of attack logs you get all the time with paralyze, sets up an easy attempt for the primary revit procs:

https://www.torn.com/loader.php?sid=attackLog&ID=4348aaa41c36b6394cb143a6aa7dc5d0

Shooby [2510470]

I can help with the rage part, this is what a rage proc looks like for reference so I guess probably quite similar if multiple turns get skipped in a row.

Vivien_Yap [2433359]

If paralyze works the same as suppress (99% sure it does) it doesn't skip any actual turns for an attacker, you'll click the weapon and do nothing that turn (ie. busy state, same with stunned, shocked and suppressed), essentially gives the defender a free defense turn, but it will not skip the turn altogether and let you do the next turn faster. For the attack log they deliberately don't show the status effect activating, only when it's applied, which is why it looks like a rage proc, but every turn is still happening in the background.

0xHemlock [2662912]

Paralyze and Supress work the same, and if you have a clearer memory than I then I trust your account. It's been quite a while since I got hit by a defending paralyze and am mostly remembering my own logs