Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Daily tasks

Started by tiagorp [3694638] on in Questions & Answers.

16 replies · 233 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100
tiagorp [3694638]

Hi, I was wondering if you could share what your usual daily tasks are and how you manage all your cooldowns/timers. Personally, I’ve been doing the following, but I know I could be doing more—unfortunately, my revenue is still limited.

Is there anything else you think I should be doing at my level? Also, what are the key things you personally focus on accomplishing daily?

Daily Tasks:

  • Travel 4 or 5 times to the UK or Argentina to increase revenue.

  • Join a race at night.

  • Complete Duke’s daily missions.

Timers/Cooldowns:

  • Medical CD: Sell blood before traveling when possible.

  • OC: Always in Organized Crime.

  • Booster CD: Always use alcohol for extra nerve.

  • Drug CD: Always take 3 Xanax to train.

  • E Refill: Buy with points every day to train.

  • Bank: Always have an investment running.

  • Education: Always study something.

 

Thanks in advance! :)

IndyCision [2597200]

Forgot to include a couple of other daily tasks:

Check the city map for item spawns

Buy 100 items from Torn shops

Use up your 75 daily casino tokens on the cheap slots (unless you are still working on other casino merits)

Static [711045]

I also add:

 

  • Buy 100 items from city shops
  • Spin Wheel of Lame and Wheel of Mediocrity.  Those two over time have positive return rates.  I skip Wheel of Awesome since you can lose a lot of money on it.
  • Check city map for items (every few days)
Knirt [3033570]

Nerve refill is a good every day thing too.    It pays better when your nerve bar is bigger but still good as soon as you can afford it.   Stocks too but that's not really a daily thing till you max bank....then you want to start buying blocks and day trade what's leftover. 

Manly [1913794]

I just go direct to SA after taking Xanax, buy more Xanax and get my hunting in. But other than that, similar. 

Shark-Marwood [3751888]

Don't use alcohol for Nerve. It uses Booster Cooldown. Use Cannabis for Nerve. It uses Drug Cooldown and is only between 1-2 hours. Save your booster cooldowns for lollipops during your happy jumps. Since Cannabis Drug Cooldown is short you can time it so it runs out just before you need to use Ecstasy or Xanax on your Happy Jumps.

Apothe [3463955]

My daily checklist stuff not on your list

  • Progress my Duke loan (loan shark merit if you don't have it)
  • Casino merits progress (don't lose your money, just do min bets)
  • Buy my 100 items in Torn
  • Relist the 1$ specials in my bazaar and then keep my bazaar stocked with whatever I can, money stuck in unused items is wasted in my eye and not working for me)

 

I personally use my booster CD for booze as well, I think it's the better choice since we're probably at similar account progression 

DedeSiregar [2430598]

My list is shorter than you:

  1. Send offers to faction leaders everytime my rw bot pings
  2. Send recruitment mails every 15 minutes
  3. Doing crime, mission, n gym while doing that
  4. Training my employees everyday
  5. Selling stuff in market
  6. When market is making me sad, i trash the forum.

 

No casino, duke loan, edu, program virus, checking city find, none of that. Boring.

 

Cooldown:

Medical cd is reserved to self hosp or med out when i get chained.

Booster is for alcohol or edrink. Mostly cheap edrink.

Xanax cd a must.

Nerve n energy refills

 

Gabriel-kafka [2091725]

I have arranged my navigation buttons to sync with my daily routine. Start with GYM (as it always is full when I am asleep.) Do gym with natural E, then refill with points and then (if it is the non-even day of the month, use xanax). Jump to crimes, use all the natural nerves and then refill and then use cannabis (if it is the even day of the month). Once everything is done with nerve and E, I go to forums, check my likes, general discussion and then, questions and answers. Then I look at my icons one by one. My subscription is way too far away. My spouse is doing well. My bank investment ripe period is far away. The book I am reading has lot more days to finish. Now I come to my company and do the essentials like trains and stocks. Then it is education length check, OC check, Stocks ripe check, booster check, drugs CD check, Vault check and then I go to missions, check whether there are any books available. Then, I do my 100 City shops purchase. I spin in 100 and 10000 dollar category. I buy lottery in daily and weekly, if i have not bought anything. Before flying off, I look at my HOF stats. After flying off, i start looking at forums, mainly for new players to publish helpful ideas.

Waxilium [3469889]

Following up on what some other's have said...

 

If you ever find that it's the early/mid evening, and your xan cooldown ends, rather than taking a third xan now (which will likely have the cooldown stretch well past when you plan to be asleep), instead use cannabis repeatedly until you are about 1.5 hours away from bed time.  Nets you some extra nerve, and progress toward the 50 cannabis merit.

 

If you are past happy jumps, but happy is still having a decent effect, one thing you might try is buying 50h or 75h candies and pigging out on them to your max booster limit at a time that your e is full, your refill is available, and your drug cooldown is off.  That will allow you to spend 550e on a decent boost of happy, all without missing out on any xan or natural energy regen.  This works extra well if your faction has a voracity perk for candy effectiveness.