Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Point Suggestion

Started by Champha [3398667] on in Suggestions.

1 replies · 11 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
28 / 100
Champha [3398667]

I hope this suggestion hasn't been made before or is on some list of not allowed to suggest

My suggestion is to introduce more ways for players to spend points. Currently, the supply of points seems significantly higher than the demand, especially with Torn continuing to grow, new players starting to fly, and more people purchasing points through subscriber or donator packs. Increasing the utility of points would naturally boost their demand and, in turn, their value.


Of course, I understand the concern that adding too many ways to spend points (without balancing it) could drive the price too high, making it difficult for newer players to access them through gameplay alone. To address this, I’d like to propose two specific ideas:

- Refill Cooldown Reduction: Reduce the cooldown for point refills from 24 hours to 12 hours.-> this makes it so active people can spend up to 90 points a day extra! (And ofcourse this would allow people to train/fight more in a day with the extra energy refill)

- Reintroduce Selling Points to NPCs According to the wiki, selling points to NPCs was once a feature but has since been removed. I’m not entirely sure why, but I believe bringing this back could help stabilize the point market. Having NPCs buy points at a fixed minimum price would create a price floor, similar to how donator packs maintain value because they can always be sold for 23 million at a shop. A similar mechanic for points could help prevent excessive devaluation.

 

 

Elizabeth [2339829]

Probably not.

 

For refill cooldown reduction, that's a lot of refilling. The easier you make it to refill your energy, the easier you make it for high stat players to increase the gap between the top and the new players. Not that it isn't already fairly easy for them, but we don't need to go making it even easier. 

 

Selling points back to the pawn shop, I can all but guarantee will not be coming back. Yes, it made a floor for the price, but it also made it easier for players to just use points as a money storage system, use subscribing/donator packs as a way of increasing their bank by paying real money, and made it a little harder to control inflation. That system was relatively recently removed (almost exactly a year ago), so I doubt they'd reintroduce it so soon, if ever.

 

But I would tend to agree with you, as I sit here with 1700 points banked up from winning the wheels and being subscribed. I know I personally used to use points as a pretty safe bank for my money, as I could safely sell it to the pawn shop and not have to worry about being buymugged (though at an opportunity cost itself). Nowadays... Well, I still pretty much just use them as a bank and occasionally I'll buy a hairstyle or something. More ways to spend them is a good idea, just needs to be in different ways. It'll probably have to be a novel idea that doesn't already exist in some other fashion (like when Big Al's Bunker was released)