Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn/Chrome issue

Started by TrialanderrorV1 [3234899] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 19 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
36 / 100
TrialanderrorV1 [3234899]

So recently, certain pages of torn have boosted my memory usage for chrome up to just over 8GB forcing the browser to crash on desktop. I have attached a screenshot for you to see, I will have to keep coming back to the thread to update pages as I can't type all in one sitting while trying to check pages. Primary pages are crimes. I have tried exactly the same process with TornTools enabled and disabled and it made no difference what so ever. Torn works perfectly fine on Microsoft Edge and other browsers. 

 

[image: i.imgur.com] 

 

Thanks, Trial.

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Can you replicate the issue in Incognito window with all of your scripts and extensions turned off?

TrialanderrorV1 [3234899]

This doesn't seem to happen in Incognito mode, but there is no difference, I'd turned off all scripts and extensions while running the test the first time around.

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

You have something running in the regular window that is causing you issue. I will recommend you to turn off all of your extensions, clear your browser cache/cookies for Torn and see if it is reproduced in the regular window.