What are intermediate merits? In my opinion they are relatively short-term 1-6 months, require decent battle stats, take a bit of effort (e), and generally have to go out of your way for. Some may take resources as well such as mission points. I was able to get most of these under 300 days.
I recommend you do most of these simultaneously, and do them while chaining for your faction.
Attacking Merits (8):
- Hired Gun, Bone Collector, Bounty Hunter, The Fett (625-12.5k e):
- Collect 25, 250, 250, 500 bounties, respectively. During chains I have just gone all out on collecting bounties, 100+ each chain, and was easily able to get 3 out of the 4. I recommend going for bounties more than or equal to 100k.
2. Dead or Alive:
- Collect 10 million in bounties. Doing the above should get you this one easily.
3. Bare (6.25k e):
- Fight 250 Unarmored Fights. I recommend doing this while chaining as well, in conjunction with collecting bounties.
4. Deadlock (2.5k e):
- Stalemate 100 fights. Generally you do not want to stalemate unless it’s for a mission, but if you do loot NPCs, you will tend to stalemate quite a bit which is what I recommend. In doing this you’ll also be able to get Giant Slayer and Boss Fight. It’s also great for leveling your weapons as well, you’ll rack up exp very quickly.
5. International (2.5k e):
- Defeat 100 people while abroad. Pretty easy, especially if you are traveling a lot. Generally you do not have to use e while abroad unless you’re in the UAE, SA, or China. You can also do this during ranked wars as well.
Weapon Merits (7):
- Dragon’s Breath:
- Use a 12 Gauge Incendiary Round. Either have a shotgun equipped before the mission rewards refresh, or shoplift from Big Al’s while the cameras are down and the guards are away. You just need to fire one round.
2. Bandolier:
- Fire 1000 Special rounds. Special rounds such as hollow point, incendiary, piercing, or tracer can be found at the mission shop, or looted from Big Al’s while the cameras down and the guards are away.
3-7. Maimed, Scorch, Penetrated, Marked, Quartermaster:
- Use 2500 rounds of hollow point, incendiary, piercing, and tracer rounds, respectively. Quartermaster should follow, as you need to fire 10000 special rounds. I notice that many people do not have these awards. Most of these will be available from time to time in the shop, easiest and cheapest being hollow point rounds.
If you do want to do this quickly, I’d recommend a minigun. In my opinion however, I would recommend just using incendiary, or piercing rounds in ranked wars. Use hollow point and tracing for mission targets, or during chains.
100 Finishing Hits Each Catergory (11):
You may have some of these, some of these you will have to go out of your way for, I recommend doing this while chaining, Halloween, or when you have weak mission targets. Each will take 2500 e to complete. If you’re crazy enough, you may eventually get War Machine.
1. The Stabbist:
- 100 finishing hits with piercing weapons. I recommend using a DBK or Macana.
2. Slasher:
- 100 finishing hits with slashing weapons. I recommend using a Yasukuni Sword, Samurai Sword, Kodachi, or Naval Cutlass.
3. Axe Wound:
- 100 finishing hits with blunt weapons. I recommend using the metal nunchaku.
4. Unarmed:
- 100 finishing hits with fists or kicks. Either one is good, I would recommend shooting someone within an inch of their life, and proceed to start fisting them. I think it’s a pretty sick award.
5. Machinist:
- 100 finishing hits with mechanical weapons. Chainsaw, on Halloween event, best way to do it. Work to getting a thousand, on Halloween if you want to work towards War Machine.
6-9. Act of Faith, 2800 Ft/s, Cartridge Packer, Yours Says Replica:
- 100 finishing hits with SMGs, Rifles, Shotguns, or Pistols, respectively. I recommend having a BT-7, Armalite/Enfield, Mag-7, and a QSZ-92.
10-11. Stumped, Lend a Hand:
- 100 finishing hits with heavy artillery, and machine guns. I recommend the flame thrower as it is the cheapest option for heavy artillery iirc, and using it when your opponent is low on health. As for machine guns, I recommend fighting low Dex enemies with the minigun, using tracer rounds if you don’t have the marked award yet, this also helps towards making a # of hits.
Drugs (2):
Most of these require a lot of commitment, requiring 50 use of each drug, I will recommend ketamine and opium in this list, most of the others really obstruct the usage of Xanax. Do the rest if you are very committed to getting these done.
- The Fields of Opium, 1.4 mil:
- Use 50 opium, I recommend using at most 3 a day, you can use this outside the hospital, or if you don’t have cooldown you can use it in the hospital.
You should be able to finish this one in a few weeks.
2. Horse Tranquilizer:
- Use 50 ketamine, I recommend doing this over the course of a week, taking it throughout the day, and taking Xanax before you sleep and after you wake up, so you’re still taking 2 Xanax a day.
You should be able to finish this in a week.
Hospital/Items (4):
1-2. Transfusion, Anaemic:
- Fill 250, 1000 blood bags. Every time you travel you should be filling 3 blood bags at a time. If you’re traveling 2 or 3 times a day, you should be filling 6-9 blood bags a day, you should be able to get anaemic within 6 months if not significantly less.
3. Magical Veins:
- Use 5000 medical items. Any time you’ve lost some health after a mission target and you do not have medical cool down, use some small first aid kits. This may take awhile to tackle, but abuse your health items if you want this sooner than later, you will likely finish this overtime easily. I recommend shoplifting the pharmacy a lot if you do not have shoplifting at CS 100.
4. Optimist (5000e):
- Search the dump 1000 times. This one sucks I’m not going to lie. If you ever find yourself with only 5e in hand, whether it’s before going to sleep, or doing something like work, or whenever, just search the dump. Do not use your Xanax to search the dump unless it’s Christmas or some other event.
End note:
If you think something else fits here or doesn’t fit here feel free to let me know. I did this all on my phone, and will gladly reformat this to make it more digestible.