Subject: [TornPDA Userscript Issue] RR Tracker API Error 4: "Incorrect Key" despite Full Access & Working Test Script
Hello everyone,
I'm experiencing a persistent issue with an RR (Russian Roulette) Tracker userscript (version 6.0.1) in the TornPDA Android app. I'm consistently getting a "Torn API Error 4: Incorrect key!" message, which prevents the script from fetching vital game data like the current pot, bullet chamber, and opponent.
Here's what I've tried and observed:
* Userscript Manager & Environment:
* App: TornPDA (Android)
* Userscript: RR Tracker v6.0.1 (API Integrated - Rebuilt)
* API Key Details:
* The API key I'm using is my Private API Key.
* In my Torn preferences (/preferences.php#api), this specific API key is set to "Full Access". (I can provide a screenshot of my API settings with the key blurred out if needed).
* Troubleshooting Performed:
* API Key Verification (Success!): I ran a separate, very basic userscript in TornPDA using GM_xmlhttpRequest to fetch user/?selections=basic data with the exact same API key. This test was successful, returning my player name and ID without any errors. This confirms that GM_xmlhttpRequest functions in TornPDA and that my API key is fundamentally valid.
* Permissions Confirmed: I have double-checked and ensured that both Basic (under Personal Stats) and Russian Roulette (under Game Selections) are explicitly checked for my Private API key in Torn's preferences. My screenshot also shows "Full Access".
* The Dilemma:
* The API key and GM_xmlhttpRequest clearly work for user/?selections=basic.
* However, the same API key consistently returns "Error 4: Incorrect key!" when the main RR Tracker script attempts to call game/?selections=russianroulette.
This behavior is highly unexpected for an API key with "Full Access." It suggests there might be a subtle interaction issue specific to TornPDA's handling of API calls for certain game selections or endpoints, or perhaps a unique caching issue within the app despite local storage resets.
Has anyone else experienced similar issues with specific API selections (game/russianroulette specifically) in TornPDA while other basic API calls work fine? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your time.
RR api not pulling the data
Started by TheALFA [2869953] on in API Development.
About this thread
Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 5
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Authority score
- 51 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 27 / 100
- Engagement score
- 46 / 100
Error 4 is incorrect selection fields, not that the key is wrong.
It is saying there isn't a "game/?selections=russianroulette"
Show full url, remove apikey
Not seen a /game endpoint, probably something chatgpt hallucinated?
Edit: flare already answered this better in your Q&A thread
Mentions: RR torn api need help pulling data
Looks like even this thread is a direct copy paste from chat gpt. Kind of scary how people don't even bother writing a basic post themselves...
Yes it’s from chat gpt cus tbh I don’t know what ChatGPT is asking me for so I made him write a message for the forum
I don’t have programming knowledge but trying to make a script to make my life easier