Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

NNB and OC

Started by Wollongong [12833] on in Questions & Answers.

3 replies · 119 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
Wollongong [12833]

I'll start with a confession: I spend a lot less time on Torn than I used to, so I am quite out of the loop. Yes, I am a noob in many respects.

 

And so, my noobie question, on which a few searches in the tutorial section don't provide me an answer:

 

  1. What is the new "Arson warehouse"? What's the best way to consistently build CS and NNB in crime 2.0? By now, sone of the math-wizards must have figured something out, right?
  2. How do I increase my score in the several OC roles? I've been racing to be a better getawaydriver, but despite a clear rise in racing skill, my OC score remains the same...

 

Thanks

 

 

nihilisticcat [2112766]

Bear in mind there's aot of rng in 2, and nnb-ups aren't exactly tied to CE the same as they are in C1 making it much harder to study properly until we can figure out some reliable anchor points - there's still a lot we don't know about how the system works that will get worked out once close to the promise 30 crimes are released, to get a clearer outlook on ched's vision

 

It took upwards of a decade to figure out the arson system for 1, and 2 is about 50x more complex and filled with both rng as well as many more subcrimes that provide vastly different CE and CS than 1, it'll likely take us at least that to develop a system of measurement that's close to accurate (that and the crimes released thus far are the lower to mid-tier crimes meant for the lower to mid CE-spectrum peeps long-term, so there's not a lot of point doing hard research just yet).

 

The working theory right now is the best CE/n is to setup skimmers in gas stations and leave them until they collect 2-3k skims per (~a year), they'll start getting found after that point, but its relatively safe overall

 

As for CPR increases, each role has at least one crime attached to it, and they're all affected be your overall CE, and most have some secondary stat that helps them out (mostly battle and work stats confirmed so far) - racing does help driving OC CPR but not nearly as much as crime stats do (iirc forgery is the crime there? I don't remember and don't have the list right now lol)

Pete1994 [965235]

I remember someone commented on my 95NNB thread that they got faster growth by mainly doing Forgery - ID badges. They went on to say they received almost no failures, it just didn't generate as much wealth as cracking + scamming would 

Indefatigable [2517458]

The best way to raise cpr is to have 100 in all crimes.  It is thought that specific crimes relate to specific roles.  I was 70 in all 8/10.  I spent about the last 2 months mostly in burgleries.  My robber role is now a 71.  It use to be 69.  The other roles in 8/10 stayed at 70.

 

It is thought that other non crime modifiers exist.  Although I don't think as significant as the crime modifiers.  The big issue with the driver role is that the specific crimes to increase it has not been released.  So most peoples cpr comes from their general CE.  Sure some hot racers have a boost but a lot of them also have shit ton of CE in first place.  There are players with shit ton of CE and not great race score that have boosted driver cpr.

 

Regarding increase nerve bar it seems to be largely due to nerve spent on crimes.  Less important seems to be which crimes or even if mostly successes.  Fails don't seem to count as much as before.  Probably the more advanced crimes give more nnb progression but I don't think anyone really knows. Would be nice for someone with a 90 nnb just to do SFC and see how long it takes for a bump up.