Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Deleted Accounts Items

Started by FizzleMane [2681268] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 240 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
5
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

The_Hamster [50] ×1

FizzleMane [2681268]

Hey folks

 

Got a question about account deletions. When someone's account gets marked for the digital scrapheap, what's the fate of all their awesome loot?, I'm talking prized RW weapons, juicy caches, and all the other stuff they've collected over the years.

 

Are they auctioned off or snapped up by the Dev to be reintroduced into the game? Or do they tragically fade into the digital void alongside the account?

 

Super curious! If this has been answered before, a link to the explanation would be massively appreciated. Thanks a bunch"

Quartemioric [3375600]

Is that true only for feddings? I would have thought self-deleted accounts keep everything since you can always recover a deleted account 

 

https://www.torn.com/newspaper.php#!/articles/2675

IndyCision [2597200]

Sorry, I did indeed refer to fedded accounts (as I thought those are the only ones which get the "marked for deletion" reason against their accounts)

I didn't think the "self deletion" for account closure were handled quite the same way.

Rodrick [1402437]

I don't think there is any such thing as self-deletion. You can stop playing at any time and your account will become inactive but the only way that a player might delete an account is to ask the staff to delete it for them. Even then, I believe that they will only do this if the player has more than one account.

IndyCision [2597200]

You can close your account - I just don't know if it then gets the "marked for deletion" afterwards (unless you email Torn and say you want your personal data deleted entirely, which means you also can never re-open it :)

Shooby [2510470]

You used to be able to self fed if you wanted to quit. But yeah now if you close your account it's just considered inactive as if you have your log in credentials, you can still return to that account later.

 

There also isn't any such thing as a deletion anymore (for the sake of the word being used) and hasn't been for a long time. Accounts are kept for the sake of future reference and resource, whether they're permanently fedded or not.

 

Occasionally a perma fed will result in items and armor/weapons either being used in community event rewards or The_Hamster will Auction them. But it doesn't seem very common. I've only seen a few hamster auctions, participated and won one.

 

This was previously Lat's DBK.

[image: i.postimg.cc]

_-_ [1718799]

The think the only way to truly delete your account is to request it via your countries data laws. (In the UK, this is done under GDPR) - but your account wouldn't be deleted, just any personal information pertaining to you would be stripped from the website.

 

If you self-close your account, it just deactivates it, you even get a backup key to reactivate it again in the future if you want to.