Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hunting session

Started by DHew [2080190] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 249 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
DHew [2080190]

Is there a guide somewhere that says which hunting session you should do (beginner, standard, advanced?) for your skill level?

Nawty [1467329]

It’s been awhile but from what I remember,  split it by 3.

 

get to 30ish and start doing standard, if you see profits or kills stay there if it’s still low or 0 kills go back to beginner till 35.

 

Then stay till 60ish then do advanced. 

IndyCision [2597200]

Ordinarily:

Beginner 1-24

Standard 25-74

Advanced 75+

 

You are already at 65, and  I have no idea what the "hidden level requirement" for the lowest of the event animals is, so cannot say if its better to start advanced sessions "early"

 

The XP does not change per session, only the potential rewards.

HyperFox25 [3550538]

There isn't a requirement just higher lvl is better cause you get more animals and higher kill rate so just a better chance to get tiger day animals 

IndyCision [2597200]

There is - go read some of the original Tiger day newspaper articles. I quoted the content in another thread.

The "special" animals have level requirements.

As for why those level brackets exist, they are the point that on average your hunt becomes equally profitable in the higher one.

Doing advanced too soon means you only qualify for some of the worst animals, making less money than staying in standard.

(XP doesn't change regardless of hunt type)

 

Edit: Link to my other post

Mentions: World Tiger Day Hunting Question

LMNSTR [3247514]

I always just did advanced because I figured thatd be the best skill gain. I mostly just do it to burn some e. Im 38 now. Probably just keep doing that.

IndyCision [2597200]

They all give the same skill. You're just not getting as much profit from hunting (not that it gives much outside of tiger day anyway)

LMNSTR [3247514]

Never thought it really gave any profit until today anyways. I thought it was more like racing. No real payback besides merits but something random and fun to do.

Blazeon [2856659]

the exp is decreased the higher your level is,

that means at skill 50, you hunting exp will be bigger than when you are at 75

I always do the hunting available at my level.

 

Hunting Wiki

 

(edit)

I just remembered that there's some guide which tell you to do advanced at 50+ skill level but I can't find that guide.

 

IndyCision [2597200]

Yes, but it is not decreased due to you choosing a different hunt type.

Your XP gain is purely determined by your current skill - it always takes the same amount of base energy to hit 100 skill.

"Sticking to your level" only affects the money you get back.

 

Unless that is what you were trying to say, in which case I fully agree with your post :)