Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stocks

Started by LukeTheGreen [2882596] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 142 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
Malverith [3686325]

None at your level. Dump everything in to the main bank and let that grow. If you truly want to invest in stocks now, then WSU for the passive 10% education reduction.

Bruneau [2904573]

Once you have your bank full and on a three month rotation and you have the 10% Education reduction stock check this out.

 

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16224439

 

I know this wasn't your question but also don't start a company. You need business EDU and stocks to be able to compete and earn money. Take the first year learning how to play and then get the business EDU and consider a company if you want.

If you're hard pressed to run a company you can... but it's more expensive and less profit than your competition. Companies compete against other players so people with the EDU and Stock Blocks that boost sales/advertising will just naturally have an easier time.

Mentions: Cola's Stocks 3.0 Spreadsheet

LukeTheGreen [2882596]

Oh well I want to do stocks since I bought it with points I want to make use of it.

I'd also appreciate any help with running my company :)

Bruneau [2904573]

The ROI for your bank is higher than anything you can get with stocks most likely.

 

As I said, you won't be able to compete with your EDU and NW while still making a profit. If you want to run a company at break even or the negative you can. 

uwulya [3768564]

I strongly recommend EVL (its on a dip right now also, so a bit of a sale price) for a new player. The first block is only ~62m and gets you 1000 happiness / week, letting you do a mini weekly happy jump for free without reducing your net worth on boosters.

 

The ROI for 60M in the bank is probably something like 500k/ week for a 2 week investment which really adds up when you have hundreds of millions in the bank, but an extra 500k/ week wont get you very far as a new player. 

LukeTheGreen [2882596]

Ok, gonna go with the bank then. How much is a good idea to invest?

I don't wanna share my balance here as I'll become a target but I don't have that many millions, a handful or two :)

BrotherWen [2813636]

to be frank, less than like 50m is a waste of time

 

with 10/10 banking merits the bank will double money you put in and reinvest every year until you cap out at 2 billion

 

for new players buying trains is a better use of their money, a good job can be $1m+ a day and not cost more than a few 10s of millions to get

 

you have to negotiate with directors to buy the trains though, in the company forum

 

see if someone in your faction will help you figure out how

Knirt [3033570]

Bank first.  Best block for ROI is the first level of SYM for a drug pack a week. Id get the WSU block first as it's cheaper and reduces education time.

 

Nothing beats the Bank, do 1 or 2 week investment so you can add more money frequently and compound the interest until you can cap at 2 bil.

GarethJewel [2937426]

If youre just putting money aside to hold until later vs getting the benefit/dividend, I recommend spreading it around in multiple stocks to decrease the chance youll lose much if youre just holding.