Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

War

Started by AsterWraith [3735292] on in Faction Discussion.

7 replies · 283 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
50 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
AsterWraith [3735292]

Is it "normal" or bad sportsmanship in the hours before war starts for your opponent to start attacking all your faction members?  Suspect they are just trying to size us up, just haven't had anyone do that before

 

ETA:  They started attacking us to see who they could beat (which is most of us).  Now they are messaging us, offering us meds and money to med out of hospital so they can hit us since they know we will lose.

 

Crazy.  Only my 3rd war and we are a smallish faction with a lot to learn.  Thanks for all the info.

SarmatianEmpire [565880] Reporter

A few hits leading up seems normal, but in the hours leading up to the fight? No, they should be holding their stack. Unless they are hosping and trying to get you to burn med CD I suppose

rainbowcatmeow [2161229]

It's not unheard of, especially with a war with no terms.

 

Benefits:

  1. burns med cd
  2. puts the offliners on a hosp timer that's advantageous for the attacking fac - makes it more easy to farm + avoid those ppl getting merced
  3. size them up

 

As a merc, I've seen this happening in about 50-60% of real RWs I'm asked to hit for. 

MrLucasEE [3657243]

In my last war, the war op leadership did that.  He actually mugged a bunch of us.  He was "priming us".  

 

It was a douche move and we didn't appreciate it.

 

I ended up talking to him, trying to understand his tactics, which I do but still don't appreciate.  He ended up returning the money on my request and actually helped influence an outside mugger to return money to me during the war.

 

I dislike it.  I won't do it.  I dont recommend it.

ToastyTamLin [2627989]

If the two parties haven't agreed on any rules of conduct, then anything goes. It may be of dubious effectiveness - in a long war energy is definitely something to worry about. But in a short, fast war med cooldown is just as valuable. There's also the consideration that sometimes people can't make it for the war. In that case it's better for the outcome to burn the energy being slightly useful than to just sit out.

 

I can't really think of anything taboo in a war without an agreement. Maybe mugging  - while it's part of the game, doing it during a war just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

KingOverkill [3039741]

I used to run a attack chain on all enemy's to size em up before becoming faction spy as soon as the matchup was found.

 

But I would just attack and leave and take notes lol. Also if their online I will leave them till next time they log off, mugging seems like a dick move(especially in my bracket as most are weaker then me as we are a training faction<3)

 

Edit I play on mobile and tornstats isn't friendly with my phone so attacking was most reliable way without spending millions on a spy