Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

API limit not applying as expected

Started by DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee on in Bugs & Issues.

1 replies · 49 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee

It came to my attention that the API limit of 100 calls per minute is not working as documented: per user. 

 

On the official documentation, it's stated as 100 calls per minute per user. This was confirmed 2 years ago in a B&I post.

On the wiki, it's stated as 100 calls per minute per key. This was apparently confirmed by splent recently through a chat by someone.

 

An experiment I made (those keys are already deleted) gives very inconsistent results, but I can get it to go over the 100 limit by using 4 keys of my own. Here I make 200 calls in 30 seconds. All my other keys are paused and shouldn't interfere with my limit.

One time I've seen it only fail 3 calls, another time it failed 20 of time and other times it fails the expected 100.

Mentions: API Key