Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Can you please tell me how comeback weapon work?

Started by Eistal [1417066] on in Questions & Answers.

3 replies · 78 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100
Eistal [1417066]

I understand that when person A attacks me and reduces my life to below 1/4, the comeback will trigger.

 

My question is: while the fight with person A is still going on, if I initiate an attack on person B, will I get the comeback bonus against person B?

 

If person C joins person A’s attack and also attacks me, will the comeback bonus apply to person C as long as I’m still surviving with less than 1/4 of my life?

Weav3r [1853324] Helper

Yes. All damage with that weapon is increased by the % that the weapon grants while your current life is below 1/4th of your max.

Busta_Chrymes [2859467]

That's an interesting question, and I don't think it's as cut and dry as Weav3r is saying, unless he has a log or source that shows it.

 

The basis of the question is that the bonus only works if you take damage that takes you below 1/4 life, or if you take damage once you are at 1/4 life. It doesn't work if you are below 1/4 life before the fight starts. This is to prevent dex mains from dropping themselves below 1/4 life using blood bags and then starting fights with a weapon that can give up to 100%+ bonus damage.

 

In the first case, I would assume if you took the damage while you were in the fight against B, it'd work against both people. That could be a kind of niche loophole where you get a friend with high speed to pillow attack you simply so you can get the bonus, although that's probably not worth the energy.

 

I think in the second instance, if both people were in the attack or even if they joined afterwards, the weapon bonus would be applicable against both opponents. But I'm not sure.

 

If you want to test it out, let me know. I have a comeback weapon and I can set it up if you're willing to give me an attack.

BypXByp [3243346]

Survivalist merit requires you to finish an attack with under 1% life, but it DOES have the logic built in that you need to start the attack with more than 1%.

 

I would assume they'd build that similar logic into this.  But.  This is Torn.