Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Clarification on Script Compliance & Request API

Started by happy-face [3808735] on in API Development.

3 replies · 71 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

happy-face [3808735] ×1

happy-face [3808735]

Hello Torn Staff,

 

I am currently developing a script designed to help me identify potential opportunities in the market and bazaar. Before I proceed further, I would like to ensure that this script aligns fully with Torn’s rules and API usage guidelines.

 

I have two main questions:

 

  1. Script Compliance

    • Am I correct in understanding that scripts which only fetch and display information from the official Torn API (for personal use, without automating gameplay actions) are permitted, provided they remain within the documented API limits?

    • Specifically, my script’s purpose is to highlight potential buying and selling opportunities, without directly interacting with the game or performing automated actions.

  2. Market & Bazaar API Access

    • Is there currently any way to obtain API access to market and bazaar listings?

    • If so, could you please outline the process for requesting this access, as well as any restrictions or requirements that apply?

 

My intention is to make use of official resources only, while ensuring I remain in compliance with Torn’s rules.

 

Thank you for your time and clarification.

 

Respectfully,

 

happy-face [3808735]

Mentions: happy-face [3808735]

mavri [2402357]

Api docs: https://api.torn.com

 

You’ll find everything you need in there. Prefer V2 over V1.

 

For point 1, yes it’s fine to all.

For point 2, it’s opened to all, check above.

 

Also, with all due respect, please stop using GPT to write your forum posts, this reads like absolute AI slop.

tiksan [2383326]

Someone else had the same issue. There's no market/items API selection, only market/bazaar, market/itemmarket in v1 and similar selections in v2 depending on what you're trying to do. Make sure you read the docs