Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stock Purchasing

Started by JedidiahWinslow [3438545] on in Suggestions.

3 replies · 27 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
39 / 100
JedidiahWinslow [3438545]

I feel like this might have been suggested before, but I am not sure.

 

It would be great to have the option to buy/sell stocks based on cash. In other words, instead of how many shares we want to buy or sell, I'd like to be able to say how much money I want to put into or withdraw from those stocks.  I recognize we are buying/selling whole stocks, not partials. So maybe it can round up to the nearest stock or something.  But it's a pain to have to work out how many shares to buy in order to have cash on hand for traveling. Or, how many shares to sell in order to have enough cash for what I need it for.  This is especially frustrating since there is a fee on selling stocks, so if I figure it wrong I have to sell more, or deposit some I didn't need to take out.  

 

I am not saying do this option only.  I am saying it would be good to have the option in the stock market to choose if we are buying x amount of shares, or depositing x amount of dollars.  And then getting how ever many shares we can for that much money.

SenseiLeJuke [2680219]

I dont understand the highest stock costs only 1200 dollars, thats nothing in torn money. Just round it up to nearest 100/1000 under the max amount you can buy and its done

RandomSaiyan [1883498]

No, it's actually a decent suggestion. If I want to buy $500k of a stock, I have to: calculate how many stocks, trial and error the quantity, or make sure I only have $500k on hand. It's needlessly cumbersome. There's no reason why I have to be the calculator on a digital game.