I went to the wiki and it gave me the following message
Started by Defectus [2549859] on in Bugs & Issues.
Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
I went to the wiki and it gave me the following message
inb4 CJ asks you to post here
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16501276&b=0&a=0
but hold on, that's a fixed bug report. They won't open it but they also wont let you create a new one :)
Mentions: Too many requests warning suddenly
Just got this error too at 12:10:20, it literally happened as i was viewing this post, i wasn't even doing anything and then my screen refreshed and went to that page.
Were you logged in to Torn or logged out and viewing the wiki offline?
I was logged in
Can you try refreshing the wiki page a few times (nothing else open) and see if you can trigger it again? Wiki has a stricter rate limit than on site because it is available without logging in to Torn and is much more susceptible to DDoS.
Refreshed a 100 times and it hasn't triggered it, when I initially got it it happend at the first go.
I've been rate limited twice today and never have been before, both times when I was recruiting and messaging people, even with 0 API keys active on the second try. Both led to an hour ban.
Edit: Timestamps were around 11:35 TCT and around 12:45 TCT
I have been rate limited today, at a time when I wasn't even refreshing much nor sending many requests
I did not make any action, I just opened 10-15 minimised chats one after the other in quick succession and I got rate limited.
(I have multiple tabs open sitting idle, but I play like that for the last 6 months now and never got this error) just now when opening 10-15 chats caused this
Please only use this thread if you are facing issue with wiki, any other rate limited issue can be posted here.
Mentions: Too many requests warning suddenly
That is a separate warning message where you get blocked for exactly 60 seconds from torn for making too many requests. I get that a lot of times daily when I’m stalking mug targets, so that’s understandable.
but this rate limited is a different issue (even when shown on visiting wiki page). I don’t think those should be posted in that thread.
We found a change that is likely responsible for the uptick in rate limit hits. A fix was pushed just now, let's see if that helps!
It did not work.
like I mentioned before, opening 10 minimised chats within 5-10 seconds just caused this issue again on my end. I’m now again being rate limited and can’t access torn on WiFi for a while now
any news on fixing this? it is still happening
Rate limited. Only two of us on our home IP address, I played slots and got off, QueenofNothing was about to play slots and we got hit with rate limits. No unusual network traffic, no new scripts, nothing out of the ordinary at all. First time we've had this problem and we've had the same internet provider for years. It's been 10 minutes or so so far.
clicked wiki only 1 time again and got rate limited
Sat 11:48:25 - 04/10/25
EDIT: coincidence it happend last time on a saturday at this time?
been doing this for me for weeks, went onto it for the first time at all today and already rate limited
e: finally justification for my VPN beyond "the UK government doesn't want me looking at skuddies"
Rate limited from the Wiki again Sat 10:11:39 - 18/10/25
I've spent 20 minutes looking through logs on your regular IP address, and cannot find anything. In fact, in the last 72 hours, there are zero rate limit blocks on your IP address - so I'm really lost. In the past 72 hours, only 4 unique IPs have been blocked from the Wiki, none of them yours.
If you're logged in to Torn, using the same browser, you shouldn't ever see these rate limits. Even if you're logged out, you'll be allowed to make quite a few requests per minute before your IP address is rate limited. I really don't know what to suggest...