Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Duke mission objective error

Started by Chenzo_Deluxe [3807755] on in Bugs & Issues.

2 replies · 22 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
37 / 100

Most-liked replies

Chenzo_Deluxe [3807755]

The Duke mission, "Make It Slow", states that the objective is to "Defeat (playername) after X turns in a single attack". This makes it sound like the player needs to score a one hit kill after X turns have passed, which can be extremely difficult to do since you need to attack each turn and risk dealing damage. However, the actual objective is just to defeat the player after at least X turns have passed, which is much simpler to do.

 

For me, it was "Defeat superyoshi64 after 7 turns in a single attack". 

 

I'm not sure if this classifies as a bug or if I'm just somehow misinterpreting the word "attack" in this case, but I figured I'd post it here just in case. 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

"Defeat xxxx after 7 turns or more in a single attack"

 

That's as clear as it can be. Each attack has 25 turns and the mission does not ask you to one shot the player or defeat them in a single turn. If you are misinterpreting "attack" as "turn", then that is on you.

 

Thanks!

Chenzo_Deluxe [3807755]

Okay yeah, I was misinterpreting the term "attack" then. I thought "attack" referred to making an attack against your target, not starting a fight with someone. Way too used to D&D terms I guess