Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Armor Recommendations

Started by TheGreatSkeeve [2893463] Reporter on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 237 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100
TheGreatSkeeve [2893463] Reporter

Hello all!

 

Im partial to picking up an armor set, they seem cool but Im a neophyte when it comes to armor, perks, etc.


Im sure there is a lot of personal preferences of course….

 

Thoughts, ideas, trolls? I also esp love when people bounty me for asking questions… 😂

 

Thesaurus_Rex [3812395]

Haha, well I'll just go ahead and let you know that the difference between a piece of gear that costs 5m vs one that costs 250m will be very small in actual stat advantages :)

 

Lot of factions will provide combat gear as well, and it'll be a good long while before you will find anything better (or have the disposable income to warrant buying it).

Knirt [3033570]

Assault armor is very good mitigation for the price, or riot if you get hit with melee a lot but warlord is only on guns so if you war assualt is usually better.   Just the assualt helmet is crap so I'd recommend a riot helmet for either option.   You lose the set bonus but get full coverage and block pepper spray. 

 

If you want to spend billions the 4 orange sets are nice depending on play style.   One for defense and one for dexterity stat boosts.  Then there is the one that reduces the strength of status effects and another that increases max life.

 

Then there is the red set that has a chance to mitigate 100% of damage but is 10s of billions. 

 

Look in the auction house or the wiki. 

Shooby [2510470]

Assault is decent for the price. Really depends on what you can afford/are willing to spend. EOD costs 30b+ for a reason, it's just that good.

 

Armor is pretty straightforward.  Assault for low budget. Sent or VG if you're hard focusing whoring dex/def, EOD if you're rich.

 

I'm sure Riot, Dune, Delta and Marauder have their use cases. But meh. 

TheGreatSkeeve [2893463] Reporter

I appreciate everyones input! Im not a big warrer but my faction does war every other week. Im starting to enjoy the wars. But mostly Im a defensive player. I dont like getting smacked around unless its by a little blonde… 😂

 

I ended up going w the Dune set because Im a big fan of the books and thats what I was willing to spend at this time. 

now to find a good RW weapon. I guess a warlord….

Beerstein [1322136]

At your networth I'd recommend picking up a faction that provides armor for you.

 

You mention not wanting war fac, but then you pick up war armor and now a weapon that's almost exclusively picked up by factions to provide for their members. Who buys their own warlord?