Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Possible event timing issues

Started by Hephaestus [3519831] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 24 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
Hephaestus [3519831]

Tourism day was supposed to start for me at 11:30 26/09/25 and end at 11:30 28/09/25 according to the calendar.

 

However, when 11:30 came around (and yes I made sure to check the TCT clock) Tourism day didn't start. In fact it was not until way later that tourism day actually started for me. This meant I had less than half of what I was supposed to get.

 

This isn't the first instance either of an event not triggering when it should have. The other was I believe beer day when it didn't trigger as scheduled. 

 

I thought that one may have been a one-off so I ignored it, but this time has shown me this is a recurring issue.

IndyCision [2597200]

Daft question, but you did wait until after 11:30 TCT before flying abroad, right?

 

Edit: This log will show your flight departure times and purchases made. Any outbound flight after 11:30 on the 26th should show being able to buy more items. Any flights which left Torn BEFORE 11:30 will show the standard number of items.

https://www.torn.com/page.php?sid=log&cat=87

Hephaestus [3519831]

I did a few flights to China. At least one of them I am fairly certain I started the flight from torn well past the 11:30 timeline and still got only 25 items

Chris5295 [974757]

Your travel capacity is locked in when you BEGIN flying.

 

If you leave before the event starts, you will not get the 2x bonus.

 

If you believe its an issue with the calendar timing, I'd suggest resetting it to another time and then back to where you want it.

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Event started at 11:30 TCT on 26th September for you, you started your flight before the event began. Flight capacity is decided when you start your flight, which is why you need to start your travel after the event has begun.

 

Hephaestus [3519831]

I see. Was sure my second flight was also one with 25x plushies, but I ended up reading the wrong one. My mistake.

 

Guess that's just one of Torn's quirks I need to get used to.

 

Thanks for the help