Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Arson accidental cause

Started by NikolaTesla [1631174] on in Questions & Answers.

4 replies · 172 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
NikolaTesla [1631174]

Could someone provide a list of suitable accelerants that dont raise suspicion.

 

So far all I know is to avoid Gasoline. I have been a tad gung ho and lost 2 uniques already. One was because I couldn't control the spread quickly enough with dampners and damaged over 25.

 

I'm facing that issue again. I dont trust oxygen tanks or potassium nitrate when I need to control the blaze.

 

That leaves me with Magnesium Shavings. I can control the spread with those. But do they work for accidental cause.

 

A list of 'safe for accidental cause' would be cool. Or even a table that indicates what their 'controlability' is like too.

 

Right now, an answer to the question: 'are mag shavings safe for accidental causes?' would be great though..

 

 

 

NT 

 

 

Hollow_Knight [476394]

Per the Torn wiki: Accelerates a fire within a confined area with high suspicion and visibility in Arson.

Reduces the effect of firefighters and dampening in Arson.

 

I don't see any info on the wiki that has to do with accidental cause. Maybe suspicion level is linked to it? That doesn't seem quite right to me however.

Hollow_Knight [476394]

This seems to be correct. I was able to complete The Bolted Horse which required accidental cause by using oxygen tanks. I may have gone a bit overboard with the amount needed and blew myself up igniting it, but hey, it worked!

NikolaTesla [1631174]

Thanks for your reply.

 

Oxygen, in fact most things except gasoline it seems, will help prevent suspicion.

 

The issue in this instance is also being able to control the spread quickly enough because a <25% damage request is included.

 

I have struggled to control oxygen fires before and failed the low damage component of a request previously but that might be on me being to slow or something. 

 

Anyway, in this instance I used Magnesium Shavings and got straight on to it with dampners and was able to fulfill all requirements of the job.

 

NT