Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[SSL] LSD Buff

Started by bait [3610262] on in Suggestions.

24 replies · 237 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
69 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

bait [3610262]

Grant SSL users 75E per LSD instead of the standard 50E.

Or make it a +50% energy gain for SSL user, looks better than saying 75E

 

Any other user with over 150 total combined of Xanax and Ecstacy will get he normal 50E.

 

Robbo [1826175]

I think SSL should kick you if you do any drugs

 

Seems a but strange and unintuitive that it only cares about xans and ecs

bait [3610262]

This change would give SSL players a modest but meaningful boost to help offset their limited access to energy. It would also offer passive or clean-playstyle users a more viable long-term progression path that isn’t immediately outclassed by the current meta.

 

While Xanax-focused builds will still remain the go-to choice for hardcore grinders, this adjustment would give SSL users a bit more breathing room in a system where energy directly translates to battle stat growth — and ultimately, long-term competitiveness.

 

Right now, the stat gap between SSL users and Xanax users only grows wider with time, due to the massive energy disparity. Buffing LSD slightly helps close that gap without undermining the benefits of high-energy drug strategies.

Aezur [1950769]

Personally, I find everyone's "just take xanax bro" a bit cultish, but it comes on the back of years of suggestions to improve SSL that are nothing more than "I made a bad choice and would like the game to change to suit me".

 

I think you could probably make a suggestion that introduced new paths, but asking them to give an energy boost to an item, but only for people specifically like you... that's a hard sell.

 

 

FroggyStyle [3528490]

For me, SSL is just a matter of fun. It's how I want to enjoy the game, and I have no intention of backing out of that. It does suck just how severely set back we are with it; but with that said, it isn't changing my decision on whether or not to go for it. I'm taking the hit, and so be it.

 

As for improvements, I wouldn't mind it if LSD joined Opium and Love Juice as the only drugs unable to be overdosed on. It's extremely rare IRL too, so it wouldn't even be strange.

Control [3797240]

Drug-free is just a way to play Torn on hard more. And while I wish LSD to have the awareness buff again, the SSL needs no buff. It already frees you from ratio's and special gyms. 

Robbo [1826175]

You dont have crazy high rehab fees that go along with xanax

 

What more do you want?

 

What you're asking for is the benefits of SSL gym gains and also the benefits of xanax and cheap energy without the rehab fees.

 

 

Robbo [1826175]

exactly

 

Your suggestion doesn't sit within the realms of improving gameplay but rather from selfishness to buff a very specific element of the game that you decided to partake in. As does the OPs

 

A clear indicator is the best gameplay effect you can think of is realism, which is the worst possible one you could suggest. This is a game we play for fun not to be like real life. 

 

I'd rather see ideas borne just from being crazy and wild like adding ducks to the game (shoutout Pen 741+R https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16227891&b=0&a=0 )

Mentions: { 750 R+ } Ducks

Penetration [2340613]

Xan pro: more e for faster gains early

Xan con: higher drug cost and long-term rehab cost

 

LSD pro: cheaper drug and rehab cost

LSD con: slower battle stat gain early game

 

 

LSD users are supposed to play the long game where they grow slow but buuod more wealth so they can afford and hit more SE's than a drug user in late game. 

 

The long game is a long, long waiting game and you need to be solid at making money for it to work as intended.

MrRightSA [2652679]

And it's all greatly exaggerated.

 

I've spent an extra $3.3b on Xanax rather than if I had just used LSD.

My total rehab fees are under $900m and I have no idea if you need to rehab at all on LSD so we'll just call it that you don't.

This means I have spent $4.2b in total rather than going SSL.

What does that translate to? 9 extra SEs however if I were going SSL, I've lost billions in stats so still nowhere near able to use SE's and even when I do, those 9 SE's would give me 300m stats or so?

 

Infact I'm sure I read recently that the number 1 SSL player retired recently and they only had like 10-15b stats.