Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hot sauce?

Started by JollyWgiant [2744081] on in Food & Cooking.

8 replies · 86 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
JollyWgiant [2744081]

Alright, so I tend to like my food so spicy you can use it as a weapon. But most people don't. What's the spiciest food/sauce you like? 

 

I make and sell Hot sauce. If you give me a good idea for a sauce, and I make it and it sells, I'll send you a gift pack of my sauces. (Continental US only, sorry. Import export laws get weird)

Makkhoi [3652991]

It is difficult to say, because what I may find hot, you may find mild.

I do enjoy hot sauce on things like chicken and pizza. I prefer it somewhere medium hot with flavour, rather than insanely hot.

I typically buy hot sauces made with Habaneros and Scotch Bonnet.

H8ALOFU [3955064]

The key to a good hot sauce is flavor. Like Dave's Insanity is more of a novelty anymore. Its just hot for the sake of hot. 

 

I've found that the hotter a pepper gets, I like when there's another element to it like mango or citrus. It helps to cut through the heat and allow the flavor to pop more. 

Tekkonasaur [3937460]

I've tried just about every hot sauce on the market.  At some point on the Scoville scale its not really enjoyable, causes your pee to burn.

 

I also don't like the fermented sauces.

 

I make my own as well, but don't sell.

 

It also depends on the dish.  I typically use Jalepenos, Fresnos, Japones, Cayanne, Tien Tsin, Thai and a few others.  Sometimes prefer to use smoked peppers. 

Old_Greg [3938487]

I had an awesome day at Pepper Palace a while back and basically tested everything they had.

 

I settled on Mr Pain for my every day use. Great flavor and a nice 1,000,000 Scoville to get the blood going.

 

I also got Flatline which was a terrible idea. Tasted alright but over 7,000,000 Scoville. Never hated having a tongue or a body so bad. 

 

I make my own at home also. I make chunky salsa, chili pastes, hot sauces and a lot of everything else. My personal favorite to make (the rest of my family can't handle it so it's all mine 😍): sautéed habaneros and garlic with a bit of onion, salt, vinegar, water and avocado. I put it on everything

Helian [3699144]

I like the simple mikes red hot but have lately found this one a bit more spicy called aardvarks hot sauce gravy. Its pretty tasty and unique being more of the names sake of a gravy than a liquid sauce. A bit chunky so I recommend it more for dipping things than putting it in a chicken sandwich but if you don't mind messes go nuts with it. 8/10 for me