Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Kicked off poker table during Torn upgrade, mugged

Started by ht_hacker [2672476] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 54 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
7
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100

Most-liked replies

ht_hacker [2672476]

Not sure if this counts as a bug, but I joined a poker table, Torn went unavailable for upgrade, when I got back, I had been kicked off table and mugged.  

 

Apparently I played a hand while Torn was unavailable as well.

 

10:57:52 - 20/10/25 You joined the Cat's Chance Poker table buying in with $500,000,000

11:15:20 - 20/10/25 You timed out on the Cat's Chance Poker table

11:23:33 - 20/10/25 You left the Cat's Chance Poker table cashing out $497,500,000

11:24:15 - 20/10/25 ----- mugged you for $27,422,434 sending you to the hospital for 0h 37m [view]

 

 

Not sure if anything can  be done, but I wasn't able to join the table or take any actions to protect the money during the upgrade.

 

Thanks!

 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

The downtime was announced on Discord well in advance and there has been a global newsticker running since yesterday that tells you that Torn will be down. We only look into such cases if there was an unscheduled downtime. But if things were announced beforehand and you chose to play Poker around the time of the downtime, that's on you.

 

Thanks!

ht_hacker [2672476]

Thank you getting back to me, and so quickly, much appreciated.

 

I'm not worried about the money mugged itself. I am not trying to cause trouble either!

 

And I completely see your point of view.

 

From my viewpoint, just as someone who logs in to play whenever I can around real life demands, I really had no idea there was a scheduled downtime. Admittedly, you could argue that is my fault :)

 

I understand that to you, and many others, there was sufficient announcement of the downtime:
1. a Discord notification (which I can't always access and not really helpful for me)
2. and an announcement on the global ticker (which I ignore/miss on the best of days).

Like I said, I'm sure most of the Torn playerbase was aware / not disturbed by the downtime.

 

To help those of us who tend to read the forums way more than the news ticker, would you consider putting scheduled downtimes as an "Announcement" post in the forums? 

 

 

Anyhow, I hope this didn't read like a rant or anything!
I truly do appreciate everything you and the rest do to keep Torn running smoothly!

 

Cheers!