Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Weirdo Scammer...

Started by SleepIsForWeak [2579797] on in General Discussion.

47 replies · 1.16k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 48 / 48 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
48
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

SleepIsForWeak [2579797]

Bear with me, this one is going to be sort of long, and this guy is a genuine jackoff with a high potential for brain damage. There IS a TL;DR at the end if you're just looking for a next year Halloween target. 

 

Part 1. The Scam

 

 

Innocent enough message, right? Now, you read the title, so you know where this is going. I click this guy's profile to see some more information, such as faction, karma, friend-to-enemy ratio, etc. Just general trustworthy metrics. However, when I click it, I see this;

 

 

(ignore the goodies in the recent interactions, those will be relevant shortly)

 

Anyways, I do the responsible thing and place a bounty. Legit within the second, I get my first of many messages from this character.

 

Part 2: The Introduction

 

 

Anyway, you see how this is going. The conversation starts innocently enough (ignore my lack of knowledge about Coldplay, I just genuinely don't know about them). I'll cut out everything else in this section, but if you'd like, I can send you the rest, or I'll upload them later in a comment. It's very long. And very redundant. The point is, he seems amicable enough, and so I continue chatting to him. Then, out of seemingly nowhere, a genuinely sped crashout occurs. 

 

Part 3: The Crashout (and really bad, repeated insults)

 

I will only be posting highlight moments here, but there's like a fair bit. Same as above, I might upload them later. There is no other context, which is also the exact same amount of context I got. 

(those 3 were part of the same rant)

 

Anyways, sorry for the crazy f**king long post. ISTG, some people are like figments of my imagination; that entire interaction felt like a fever dream. Shit ass at insults, and when I fire back, legit 0 response. Boring as shit. The main issue I have with characters like this isn't that they immediately resort to insults; it's that they're bad at them. 0 creativity, flexibility, reusing stale material, and full of fallacies. On top of being unable to do any defensive play when insults are fired back. Horrendous performance, kick them off the roster next season. 

 

TL;DR. Scammer flies off the handle, the best they can do is call me fat. Repeatedly. 

SleepIsForWeak [2579797]

Nothing is, and never said there was anything of that nature. He's just a huge dickass and a scammer, and not very good at either. Now, if you want something seriously offensive, there are some things that I considered saying that might fill that requirement of yours. The main point of this post isn't really a "hey, look at this guy, he hurt my feelings", but more of a "this guy may genuinely have brain damage". 

Kingfisher [3745687]

blue name scamming people for 10m.. wonder what went wrong..

 

Seems like they had a bunch at some point! no company or faction though.. where did the money go?

Oh.. thats where.. why are they taking random screenshots of what i assume are online casino staff members?? 

retr02 [3824521]

Next time just block and move on. These types of people are annoying mosquitos, it is seemingly their life's purpose to piss off people. dont give them the satisfaction and eventually they will f**k off back to their goon cave.

Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor

Gonna start throwing in irrelevant quips from other languages and telling people it’s from a Coldplay song now.

IrisNepthys [3528214]

The gaslighting and big signs of insecurity coming out of them is SO LOUD

It's not because it's a crime game that scamming is just ignored and fine lol