Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is this normal?

Started by Rob_Zombie [3195576] on in General Discussion.

36 replies · 804 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 37 / 37 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
37
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Rob_Zombie [3195576]

Hi guys, I don’t post much but I’m just wondering, is it normal for a Faction Leader to message you randomly and ask to borrow 25m for a week? I don’t know him and it’s not the first time.

I’m not naming him cos I don’t need the drama of being hosped and mugged into oblivion.

Just curious. Cheers.

Marijuana [2400689]

Is it your faction leader? Or a random person who runs a faction?

 

Short answer  people asking strangers for money is pretty common. 

 

Edit: can I borrow 25m?

AngelWithATwist [3957204]

Indeed, but 25m? Now that's a stretch.

 

There'd be players I will lend cash here, sure. However, personally, I won't let anyone out of my circle borrow that much money especially if I don't know that person well.

VaguelyCanadian [2678408]

it happens, but I would either ignore em or slap em around a bit.  Maybe I'd string em along for a while before telling em to f**k off but only if I've got nothing else going on when I see the message

undo [2090073]

When you get richer the beggars ask for more money. Some of my faction mates who are high in the NW hof get randomly asked for billions. Fwiw, it never works.

Ado- [3849017]

Hey, you know me, can you lend me a buck-fiddy adding a few zeros in the end? I promise to NOT give it back :D

IrisNepthys [3528214]

I never heard that- 
besides bad leaders trying to scam 

If a Faction leader needs to land money from it's members.. they weren't ready to make a Faction in the first place. 
The two factions I was in, so far, usually helps their factions and lands them money if needed. The other way around would be seen only in-between the high ranks within the Faction itself, not the regular folks. 

Furious_DDD [2370388]

Side note.

If you faction leaders is asking for money...leave.

 

If that amount is 25m, leave fast.

 

If you haven't left yet, rev up your Dragula and leave torn.

 

Check out the forum Faction recruitment and see who is willing to take you on.

 

 

Side note, random will ask for money always.   No stress.  

Do not feed the trolls