I like doing crimes. Having said that am I ok to skip Hustling and Disposal and moving on to Cracking and Forgery?
Skipping Crimes
Started by Kathyrn [3896706] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 14
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 64 / 100
- Historical score
- 17 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
Most-liked replies
- PedroXimenez [3391983] Committee
· 1 likes ·
Yep, if you've been maxing out the others, should be fine. After I got the first few to 100, I raced ahead to get everything to 50, then to 75, etc, and I'm sure I wasted a _little_ nerve on …
depends on skill level and CE in other crimes. i havnt touched huslting and disposal and maxed cracking. If you have done the ones before you should be fine. What is your nnb?
So not all crimes in Torn are equal in difficulty.
As you progress through the list they'll get tougher, but every crime that you complete (successfully) grants 'crime experience' (CE). This is an invisible value to the player, but as you acquire crime XP - all crimes will get easier. Since failed crimes award no CE, and critical fails actually REDUCE your CE, its recommended that you start with the three 'starter' crimes: Search for Cash, Bootlegging, and Graffiti. Pick one, and commit to it, then move on to the next once you're finished.
The less nerve you waste on failed attempts, the better.
It'll be quite some time before you dabble in the crimes you mentioned (Hustling, Disposal, Cracking, and Forgery).
You can, but you shouldn't. Don't skip disposal, do all good disposal jobs daily as there's only a set few that will spawn, then move over to the crime you want to do with the rest of your nerve.
Hustling you can do whenever though.
You can spend your nerve on any crime you want at any time you like.
Just expect there to be critical fails which remove all the progress you made, or lots of fails wasting nerve, depending on how far down the list you go. In the long run you would make more progress (from less fails) by trying to get them to 100 roughly in order.
If you don't mind the slower (or potentially zero) progress, just go for it - the game is about having fun after all :)
(They are sorted in order of difficulty on both the crimes page and your personal stats page)
It is indeed about the fun.
Yep, if you've been maxing out the others, should be fine. After I got the first few to 100, I raced ahead to get everything to 50, then to 75, etc, and I'm sure I wasted a _little_ nerve on it due to fails, but didn't feel like a lot. In some ways this was a better approach, as I got to be more strategic once I had some more experience