Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Al's bunker, is it worth it?

Started by Stelly_Steel [3407297] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 212 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
Winged_Cougar [1993598]

I agree with Trailblazer.

 

But also, even if you do have a high NW, it's not strictly necessary.  I have acquaintances who trade in RW items, and as a result, I've been able to get what I need at fair prices.

Literally the only thing it allows you to do is sell RW items back to the game for bunker bucks, which allows you to buy caches.  It's essentially a form of gambling.  For people who are already opening a bunch of RW caches regularly, it can make sense, because some of the RW items simply aren't worth selling on the market(due to the still effectively random nature of the item generation).

 

For everyone else, it's completely wasted.

It's also worth pointing out that RW items are constantly dropping in price, and should be expected to almost indefinitely, as most factions are enlisting as often as possible, which generates a large number of caches regularly, which continually saturates the market.  Al's Bunker mitigates this a little bit, but demand will always be falling as people gradually acquire the items they're after.

Winged_Cougar [1993598]

Generally, no.

 

I'd defer to someone who actually has experience opening lots of caches, but judging to what I've read coming from people with said experience, still no.

You're better off trying to haggle a price on a specific item, or possibly watching the Auction House.

Lazon [3116319]

02:46:08 - 10/03/25 You opened an Armor Cache and gained an EOD Helmet (Impassable)

Yeah totally worth it

04:24:24 - 18/03/25 You opened an Armor Cache and gained a pair of Dune Pants (Insurmountable)
00:13:19 - 11/05/25 You opened a Melee Cache and gained a Cricket Bat (Powerful)
03:54:19 - 12/06/25 You opened a Melee Cache and gained a Butterfly Knife (Penetrate)
02:33:35 - 21/06/25 You opened a Melee Cache and gained a Bo Staff (Wind-up)
00:47:47 - 25/06/25 You opened an Armor Cache and gained a pair of Dune Pants (Insurmountable)

ok.... maybe not totally worth it lmao.

If you open enough caches you'll get some good pulls, and overall I might actually be positive from my cache pulls, but I've definitely spent a good amount for that. 



edit: realized I didn't actually answer the question. Big Al's bunker is something I still don't have and don't really intend on getting. If I get a crap pull I sell it for bb value to a trader, my cache gambling definitely isn't good but it isn't so full blown that I keep going after the caches. When I have extra money (yeah this includes disposable rl income) I'll get a cache and test my luck, the dopamine from getting a good pull sure is nice. As is improving my loadout without having to spend the billions that some weapons cost. But no, I don't recommend the bunker unless you're a big trader like stated above. 

Beerstein [1322136]

You'd have to sell a LOT of bunkerbucks items to others on AH to have it be worth getting for yourself instead. It's not worth unless you're quite rich.