Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Fair Fight

Started by ANXIETY_ [3853621] on in Questions & Answers.

8 replies · 117 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

zouthzide3 [464164] ×1

ANXIETY_ [3853621]

anyone knows in what case Fair Fight says "None" ?? , there is usually a number based on relative battle stats otherwise

 

Reshula [2644462]

That can also happen when an attacker has a BS score so much higher than the defender that the FF multiplier is 1.00, and it will display as Fair Fight: None.

 

Edit: To be clear, I'm referring to the faction attack page, where the recent attacks are displayed. Should have probably clarified before answering if that's where you were wondering about it. Any bonus in an attack that isn't applied will show as "none". Trivially, all multipliers are also "none" for lost or escaped attacks.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Uhh .. no... To both of the above...

 

FF Scouter or other fair fight models will show None of the person has not been attacked by anyone who uses the fair fight predictor, or if they don't use the predictor themselves.

 

"None" fair fight just means the model doesn't have them in the model database, so it cannot estimate their fair fight. That is all.

 

Usually either new accounts or inactive accounts.

 

After attacking, Yata attack logs will show a fair fight for the person based on the respect earns..

 

 

For example this user:

 

 

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=464164

No info on popup profile or on FFScouter. BSP does have an estimate.

 

 

Mentions: zouthzide3 [464164]

ANXIETY_ [3853621]

I was not talking about the external ones. Torn itself has one of its own when you click on the chain.

 

https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Chain#Fair_fights

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Oh!!! 🤦‍♀️ For that one it will show None of the attack was not completed (defend, escaped etc). Since no respect was gained or lost to compare with.

 

 

Sometimes the chain list can update before the attack finishes computing, too, and cause a mismatch with displayed information. This is a racing condition issue that isn't fixable. Usually affects things like how assists are described but can affect other things.

 

Idk what else will affect it as I can't test it right now due to being stacked for war. So yeah probably the things described above :D

ANXIETY_ [3853621]

Other than escaped/defended , I did get one "None" when I was hospitalized earlier and it was there for a while so computing time wasn't an issue in that case I assumed, that's why I asked.  Anyways , thanks for answering :)

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Yeah it doesn't update after the initial post. I've had some whacky stuff show up on the chain log that doesn't match the actual attack logs at all!

 

I've noticed Torn PDA shows no FF if it's a stealth incoming, idk where it's getting the info.

 

Yata appears to set unknown fair fight to 1 on the attack log dumps. Yata attack log dumps show ff of 1 for any incompleted attack, attacking within faction, and attacking someone with extremely lower stats than you. Some of these may be shown as None of on the live chain, I'm not sure :)