Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Elimination Suggestions

Started by MrVillain [618400] on in Suggestions.

1 replies · 17 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
33 / 100
MrVillain [618400]

One issue I think with Elimination, both as an observer and as a player, is that is often doesn't feel very dynamic. Aside from the political moves of alliances and betrayals, you have these long periods where the ticket totals seem to stagnate while we just wait for a team to die.

I'm imagining ways it could feel more dynamic, and I've come up with two:

1) All teams lose lives periodically. Like everyone is bleeding out slowly, with the max length of the Elimination period determined by the number of starting lives and the rate at which they are lost. Practically, it would mean as we reach the last few teams alive, they would each die quicker. We won't have these full days just waiting for one team to die. Fewer lives I think would mean more desperate fights as well, and more drama.

2) Tickets are removed from the pool periodically. Maybe it is a static value removed from every team that has lives, or maybe it is proportional to the number of tickets each team has. I'm thinking the latter. The practical impact of this is reducing the size of a ticket lead any team can get before the end. We want climactic final battles. If everyone were fighting over only a couple hundred tickets in the last couple days, every attack would feel more impactful and leads would feel surmountable with tactics and activity.

Izidoro [3608846]

I wish the eliminations could be separated in levels, or battle stats levels/ranks. So then the lower players could have more to do instead of turtling or giving up