Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cloudflare issue

Started by Lady_Face [679926] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 35 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100

Most-liked replies

Lady_Face [679926]

So, I was sending a dm to wavelength. I communicating to him our faction's e spent training dex and all of a sudden cloudflare decided that was a no no and blocked me.

 

https://prnt.sc/z4kFQHTnkVxd

 

So for a whole 5 min that is all I can see on my screen when I try to bring up Torn.com. That I have been blocked. To fix it contact the site owner.

 

I'm reporting the issue here not so much as a bug to fix but to alert that is was an issue. Not sure if I'm the only one or this is going to become a regular occurance. If it is going to become something that I should expect to have happen more often I think after playing close to 18 years maybe I need to find something else to do with my time.

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

We do not control cloudflare checks strictly speaking and they are not very open about what can and can't trigger these checks. If a specific action is constantly triggering the block each and every time, then we can perhaps look into it. Is this happening every time you do something?

Lady_Face [679926]

239,710/250,000 e used so far. I've dumped 27,980 so far.

 

 

That is what I typed to wavelength that prompted the block. The block lasted 5 min. While the message instructed me to contact the site owner, it left me unable to do so as it completely blocked me from anything to do with Torn. I tried to reach out in discord and all that earned me was laughter from other torn users.

 

 

Lady_Face [679926]

I just tried. And nothing is happening. I tried to recreate the exact circumstances. Even sending an updated dm to the same person. 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

I will close this for now, please re-report and reference this thread if it happens again.

 

Thanks!