Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

old forums are kill

Started by Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor on in General Discussion.

24 replies · 721 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
40 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor

It has come to my attention as I was researching staff edit: harassment that the old forums have been removed from the game.

 

This is blatant history erasure. In these dark times, our history is the only thing we can rely on to guide us through. And now we don't even have that. This is truly disgusting work by the admins.

 

 

Discuss:

 

Did you notice the old forums are now 404ums? Did you even know they existed?

 

What dark secrets has bogie buried with this action?

 

How am I supposed to find old comments by joey cheddums and twist them into poor man's National Enquirer articles for my own entertainment?

 

Are the old forums archived anywhere? 

 

Was this done in preparation to rename this forum to "old' and implement a forum system where karma actually matters for in game purposes such as HOF rankings and OC CSR?

 

Now that the posts I made as very cringe teenager have been scrubbed from the annals, will I finally be able to sleep at night knowing nobody will learn just how cringe I was?

Lantian [3029152]

I did wander around the old forum posts before to learn more about Torn from the old days.

 

Way too much read through, but I did find some interesting threads and was very interesting to read things from a decade ago.

 

I do hope it is still accessible somehow.

BritishBenji [2257611]

My account didn't exist while the old forums were just called the forums. However I enjoyed browsing them from time to time, especially when joining new factions/companies that'd been passed around.

Was a nice look into the people that played before me, many of which aren't around anymore

 

I'll miss them, I never knew that the last time I read the old forums would be the last time I may ever see them

ThaWh1teSki7tle [2201418] Reporter

sad to see, i used old forums as a sort of research material to analyze Torn history and changes, along with wiki and current forums.

 

I imagine most of todays tornians havent even heard of RESPO unless some old timer in global brings it up, and most people advise players to be pussies smart pussies and avoid global, so few get to hear of torns history

Callaghan [1316121]

The old forums were actually the new old forums, the real old forums were deleted a long time ago when the new old forums came along

Smackz [4044635]

Not only can I not see the old forums , I can't see what you were researching that made it come to your attention. Everything is Thanos snapped 😂

Kami [2078764]

Nah global is just a feature you really only unlock until you played for a decade so only 3/4s of people can still get on your nerves, not 99.9%