Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cracking up mission

Started by GarethJewel [2937426] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 34 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
43 / 100
GarethJewel [2937426]

I went and accepted the cracking up mission. I saw that it was accepted. I checked my log and saw I was sent the safe. I went to my faction armory to get a weapon, equipped it, and went back to the mission page. 

When I returned to the mission it showed that I had not accepted the mission, but I am 100% certain it was accepted the first time. I accepted again and was not sent another safe. I decided to just try it, defeated the individual, got the code, but when I entered the code but it would not work. 

I will try again when they get out of the hospital and see if I get a different code, but I am wondering if it has something to do with how the mission reverted and I was sent the safe before I went back and accepted the mission again. 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

You have only accepted the mission once and the Safe was only sent out to you when you accepted the mission (the timestamps match), you won't get a safe until you accept the mission.

 

 

Thanks!

GarethJewel [2937426]

Wanted to add the reasons I knew that I accepted twice (other than possible dementia) was that I saw the safe was sent and saw it in the logs, equipped the new weapon, and then went back to the missions to get the name and had to accept again. It might be a bug that doesnt matter, but the logs do show that I did accept the mission before I equipped the weapon and the time span was a few minutes at most until I returned to click on the name of the subject. I cant recall if I tried refreshing the tab or not so it might be possible I had a mission tab open that hadnt been refreshed. Im not 100% on whether it was an already open tab that was not refreshed but i am 100% sure I accepted it twice as that stuck out like a sore thumb.

Nargle [3490433]

I'm having an issue with this same mission.... I keep beating and interrogating the guy but it doesn't give me the safe combo. (Edit* it took 3 attempts to finally get the code... It wasn't clear to me it was random chance to get the code every time you interrogate)

GarethJewel [2937426]

I didnt see that in any of the documentation anywhere either. I was wondering if that might have been why it didnt work but its not clear in the description or the guide on missions. It was possible my problem was also that the page didnt refresh properly or something which is why it looked like I accepted it twice.