Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Company Value Question

Started by Lenny [3548458] on in Questions & Answers.

7 replies · 125 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
Lenny [3548458]

This is not an ad lol

 

I have a 3* sweet shop that I might be trying to sell at some point- what do you think a good price for something like this is?

IndyCision [2597200]

Check the sell-back value, remove however much is in the company vault from that, and then multiply what is left by 1.4 or so

(A company that age with low stars basically sells for only a tiny bit more than the same amount it takes to create it from scratch)

IndyCision [2597200]

Checking the NW graphs of some of those, they didn't get what they were asking for in those "trying to sell" threads.

OP will not get close to that either (they only become valuable once someone has done the legwork of lifetime sales to get close to or higher than 7 star for the can special) and a 2 month old 3 star shop that hasn't been fully upgrade and has made low sales is not sought after.

Triarius22 [2763264]

You have a fairly new company with low stars, and unfortunately, the market is often flooded with these. Since you likely haven't finished the Business education courses yet, running a company this early is incredibly difficult because you can't offer the perks that established companies use to attract active employees.

 

In Torn, employees are real players, and they generally won't stay in a low-star company unless you pay them significantly more, which eats your profits.

 

For pricing, I would aim for the sellback price x 1.1 or 1.2 as a maximum. Anything higher will likely sit on the market forever.   

 

If you suck it up and stay, it will slowly grow in time but as Im sure you found out, staff are real players and recruiting employees takes time and effort. 

  

Lenny [3548458]

Solid advice, thank you!

I'm definitely taking a loss, but we're moving pretty steady towards breaking even. We just cracked 3* this weekend, and I'm down to -$200k a day in profit haha. But each day we're getting closer to breaking into positive returns. 

I'm honestly not running it for profit, tho it costs me much less than a trip to africa and back to run a day, even with paying my employees wages. It's just fun!

Triarius22 [2763264]

I read the guides and waited a long time, perhaps too long, before becoming a Director. When I finally started, I bought a company that was already 8 months old and sitting at 6 or 7 stars.

 

If you are having fun and chipping away at those business education courses, things will get better slowly. The good news is that your business, and mine, doesn't require veteran employees with massive work stats which makes recruiting much easier.

 

You are probably already getting around 30 of each work stat daily as a Director and that should bump up to 50 when you hit 5 stars. The 5* and 7* perks look solid, so if you can hang in there you'll have more to offer recruits over time.

 

Bottom line is if you're enjoying the role, I would hold on and NOT sell.