Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Uh...

Started by Darkstar12 [3380499] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 120 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

Beerstein [1322136]

I'm torn. This is the questions forum but we'll all hate you if you do this...

 

It's the buttons at the bottom of the text box to color text (T Icon). Images you can host on other sites and put the link into the image icon in the same bar below the text box.

 

Please don't color your text. Torn has both dark and light mode and it'll almost never work for both as it's not adaptive based on user selection.

 

You'd essentially have to code the entire post separately and force your own custom mode on others, also something that people wont take kindly to and not really do-able for someone that's learning how to post images/color text.

 

Here is an example of what that'd look like. So you can see it's do-able but those of us that can don't by choice (or very rarely do such as this instance).

Mentions: Pink Power Gazette (Public Edition)

DZei [2673922]

Use the button that looks like a "T💧" to change the colour of your text. Pictures can be added by either copying the image from somewhere, then pasting it into the reply box; or you can upload it to an image hosting service and use the direct image link and put it into the "Add Image URL:" section when you click the picture frame icon on the bar of tools as well.

If you know HTML, you can also click the "{ }" icon in the very far right of the bar.

EDIT: Would also recommend you use the thread title efficiently to explain your problem so that people can easily see what the topic of the question is without having to click or hover. Eg, this thread could have had the title "How to post pictures and color text".

Beerstein [1322136]

Yeah, I added a link to an example of how you can but it's essentially forcing your preferences on others (and very difficult). In that example I went through multiple iterations with my Elim team of 1,000 people and had to adapt like 4x to account for people with mobile devices (hence skinny), vision issues (hence black on white) etc.

 

So that's not my preferred format but when forcing it on such a large group of others it's what I ended up with just so it'd work for as many as possible, and trust me, a lot of people myself included don't appreciate a big white box but I was doing a theme for the event and made an exception.

 

I keep formatting like that to Faction Newsletters these days. A more isolated area to have fun with formats.

 

Screenshot of my last newsletter. (Also note that while it looks short and simple, it's 62 lines of text/code)

 

You can also do similar to your profile page (you can check mine) and have fun with that as much as you want without bothering anyone!

Albertoo [114591]

Why have I not yet learned/accepted that you’re a fair and just forum-master?

 

Every time I see you on my ‘Friends posted on X thread’ (which is quite often) I look, and it’s always either rational anger or a helplful walk-through 😂.

 

Can you be unhinged, just once? You can even take it out on me if you’d like. 

Albertoo [114591]

But.. but.. it’s the interwebz 🥹 how can you contain your rage?

 

 

edit; also, I need to go and unlike 14 of your posts. Just for now 

Beerstein [1322136]

Been angry once in my life since I was a kid; like a true American, it was over a medical bill. I'm just a super calm person. Maybe some day I'll crash out, but if I do it'll be planned and scripted...but it'll be good! I already have an idea of dirty bombing over a downvote that I especially deserve.

 

Anyway, maybe I'll do a quick tutorial on fac mails later for some, but not public as I don't want to turn the forums into a clown circus.