Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Incorrect message in System Warning

Started by CurlyBracket [2766476] on in Bugs & Issues.

1 replies · 22 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
33 / 100
CurlyBracket [2766476]

I'm currently posting this with TornTools enabled.

 

 

I got a mail message saying I had been a naughty boy in the forums and that a post had been removed for violating the Flooding / Spamming rule. 

 

Leaving aside the merits of the warning (which I contested in a self-report), the warning message is factually incorrect, since my post has not actually been removed.  If you click on the link in there, you get taken to my post which is still there in all it's 8-thumbs-up glory with no "Staff Edit - Flooding / Spamming" or whatever would be there if it had been removed like the warning mail said.

 

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

B&I is not the area to report this. You can reach out to bogie if you want, but it looks like the staff just forgot to remove the post or forgot to edit the removal bit out of the warning. Mistakes can happen.