Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

cracking rig

Started by LiLJimmy525 [3186177] on in Questions & Answers.

12 replies · 223 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
14
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

LiLJimmy525 [3186177]

im sure people have posted already about this but if anyone wants what i believe to be the most powerful cracking rig that doesnt overheat then they can copy the following:

 

(the heatsinks and waterblocks are overheated but this doesnt affect performance. the power supplies will get a bit hot but wont overheat until something like 130 nerve used)

 

LiLJimmy525 [3186177]

yeah we both have the same MIPS and brute forcing strength.

i wouyld say mine is arguably a bit better as none of my hpcpu's gain heat, while the hpcpu's on the outside of yours seem to be getting hot. honestly there isnt much of a difference, they both work at the same power 

 

(edit) how are your psu's on 0 heat? that seems to be a big issue in mine

 

Gul_le_Necro [2852040]

I m using something just a little bit different, i have just a little bit more power, and the most important it s 0 heat.  I can spam 260 nerve on it sometimes

 

If someone has a better things with 0 heat, i will take it !

Reshula [2644462]

You don't really need 5 water blocks for your PSU box. Water blocks also only work on adjacent positions, which is why you're still getting heat in that box.

 

Instead, just using 2 fans (on the second and fourth row) would cover the entire box and leave room for additional 3 eCPU without any heat generation.

 

Edit: the one shared above by Gul_le_Necro is already the strongest strictly 0 heat rig setup that has been found, so you could also just copy that if you want the solution.

Knirt [3033570]

I tried setups that doesn't over heat but in the end I just don't get enough good jobs a day for it.

 

I use this, goes 5 before overheating a cpu and is fine to keep up with daily jobs for me.  Get 7 cracks most of the time.  It also cools faster than nerve recovers.

 

Triarius22 [2763264]

I switched my power core to yours as it was a bit better than mine and left the sides alone so the heating you are seeing isn't the same as if I had started cracking at the same time with all cool components.  

 

That being said, thanks for bringing this topic up again.  I did the best I could way back when cracking first came out and havent looked at my rig since.  There are a lot of good ideas posted here in this thread.   Hmmm   Do I want the raw power of Knirt's build or the ease of operation of crazy old lady's low heat build?