Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

.

Started by Yotba [4071293] on in Graveyard.

39 replies · 487 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
40 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
61 / 100
Engagement score
74 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Faction 54751 ×1

medutis88 [3721610]

I didn't do that mistake myself, but pick the flights that don't lose you natural energy. Also, don't let flying make you miss important timers, like drug intake. So many new players seem to be going to South Africa or UAE back and forth, without a single care in the world that they are losing energy and probably nerve as well while doing that.

Yotba [4071293]

Yeah, my faction doesn’t have those perks yet, but the members are great, especially the leaders. I’m happy where I’m at and I’ll keep grinding for now 😄

Yotba [4071293]

That’s actually solid advice. I didn’t think about the natural energy loss at first. Do you usually prioritize shorter routes for that reason?

Grafiti [1557036]

If you're gonna get serious, you're gonna have to consider moving up in factions. With the amount of respect your current faction has it will be years before any of those perks are unlocked.

 

Also I see your faction description says daily chains to 100, that will cripple your personal growth.

 

You might enjoy your time there but after a time you're gonna have to choose between being actually competitive vs laying back and making a social circle. None of the two are bad choices, just do whatever you enjoy.

OriginalLazy [2848526]

Enjoy the flying fellow Tourist!

 

My gameplay is mostly this, and I have found it quite addictive as well!

 

If you want to earn some easy flying merits, check out which souvenir is the best for you, and buy it.

 

Also going to the same country 50 times gives you a merit, so don't lock into one place yet.

 

Plushies and flowers sell good and quick, but xanax is the real payout, go for that, and if you still have space, fill it up with plushies/flowers.

 

Before flying, spend all your cooldowns (drug, booster, points refill, OC role).

 

BEWARE OF OVERSEAS MUGGERS!!!! DO NOT SLEEP ON YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU ARE CLOSE TO LAND!!!!!

 

If you need more tips, feel free to DM me.

Matchlock [2227514]

I, too, want to know what these jackpot margins are!

 

Question for the veterans: What’s ONE mistake you made when you started traveling that cost you millions?

 

Once upon a time, I carried 27M to buy xanax and got mugged for 4M+. This was quite early in the game, perhaps my 2nd or 3rd flight to South Africa. I felt terrible.

 

(You experience later that you can lose billions upon billions elsewhere, so a few million here and there is nothing. 🤣)

 

 

 

Avery [2765920]

I think I joined my faction at around 300-400k, and now we're at just shy of 3m.....nearly 4 years later.

 

I think if you are going to stick out a lower level faction, you need to be fully committed to it. It is, in 99% of cases, a bad call.

 

The daily 100 chain is also a massive killer, I get that its only a xan each (if even) but yeah you're 100% right that hurts growth, a lot.

Yotba [4071293]

I appreciate the perspective. For now, I want to become strong alongside them. If we grow together, the perks will follow.

Mr-Chuckles [2868555]

all shells anywhere started small...

 

4 hits a day doesnt cripple nothing compared to shitey termed rank wars. You try doing what these clowns have achieved before cocking your leg on their accomplishments.

 

Avery [2765920]

I've got you beat. I was doing xanax runs for the faction, things were going well, avoided mugging. Got back to Torn, rushed to donate while I was working retail so that I wouldn't let it slip my mind and look like I was stealing xans...accidentally dumped the 29. That one stung my pockets a little bit.

Avery [2765920]

Have you looked at the R gain for 100 chains vs a war? Least theres the upside of cash too. We've started replacing a chain roughly every month and its been pretty effective.

Night_Witch_588 [2866434]

With dynamic pricing on overseas items, there's very little benefit to small fish flying to SA or UAE. You're liable to get mugged and stuck there because you're a target being small following old guides that were accurate until the recent change. Once you've built up your NW a bit more and gotten your rhythm/timing down, UAE and SA become viable options for travel.

 

DO NOT piss away your E on Hunting; wait for World Tiger Day.

 

Torn is a marathon, not a Sprint. EVERYTHING requires forethought and planning in order to maximize success. Familiarize yourself with the events throughout the year and start building a tracker to maximize your profits.

 

I'm going to echo what others have already said and tell you to join a larger faction. Starting a faction from nothing is viable for older players who want to start their own thing and already have a very well established network of friends and income streams. Small fish lack the knowledge to effectively lead other small fish, say nothing of missing out on critical perks for development.

 

That being said, feel free to reach out to my friends out New Sith Order II, Next Level Mayhem, Medic!!, Capacity X, or Acadia Rising. They'll likely remember Fluckey but have no idea who Night_Witch is