Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

double standards

Started by MortisThule [3871885] on in Politics & Law.

63 replies · 127 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 64 / 64 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
64
Discussion span
→
Authority score
11 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Steppenwulf [2960257]

I'm just going to assume that's a genuine question, not a joke.  He's a media personality from Britain... he does a lot of political and social interviews and pseudo debates on his own TV program.

 

I'm not even sure what channel that program airs on, I always see clips on Youtube.

uwulya [3768564]

Partially a joke, but also a half-truth because I havent heard of him. The person in the screenshot is the USA vice president. Comparing him to a TV personality isn't equivalent at all. 

Steppenwulf [2960257]

It's a double standards thread.  Piers Morgan was caught in a double standard.  I'm not comparing it to the first double standard posted, it's just another double standard that I thought I'd highlight.

Jtester [2477772]

I mean, the other ones are notable first time achievements. That just seems like they randomly appended it on for the sake of. Not really a double standard.

ZickyJackz [497258]

Because the J6 prosecutions were a massive overstep, and imprisoned many people who weren't violent, and were simply let in by police.  And because Bidens DOJ overstepped in it's prosecution, Trump overstepped in his pardons. Dumb shit leads to dumb shit.  She didn't have a great point.  Just a cheap "gotcha" that seems won her some updoots by easily amused dipshits.  

Unlucky [2472585]

He’s a UK talking head, right wing grifter that likes to pretend he’s a centrist. 

He used to be a hack journalist, until he became effectively unemployable by news outlets by hacking celebrities phones answering machines to get stories, and posting faked images of British soldiers torturing people during the second gulf war. 

As a fun aside he also despises Prince harry and Megan, because Megan cut off contact with him after she started dating harry. 

 

The fact he’s been inconsistent is the least surprising thing to find in this thread. 

Hypocritical [1280905]

Couldn't get a third example for Muslims so re-used the first one again lol. Also Piers Morgan is a zionist, I thought they couldn't be antisemitic?

 

But yeah Morgan is a twat who often picks a stance that would generate the most ragebait, big Trump fan too. To be fair now I do agree with his logic behind this one:

Rewindz [2855264]

It's clearly a double standard, problem with Piers Morgan he does shit like this to cater to an audience that follows him.

Jtester [2477772]

Yeah I’m not Piers fan but that was pretty obvious just from using eyes and reading, something Step and Rewindz are thoroughly incapable of. 

Hypocritical [1280905]

Yeah it actually annoyed me a bit to defend Morgan, he's a gutter journalist but it is what it is - there's a lot to criticise him for, so may as well be accurate with it.