Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bazaar buy process delay

Started by _SCOFIELD_ [1441750] on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 88 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
11
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

_SCOFIELD_ [1441750]

 

I pressed buy for the 2 items and then started fight and mugged but turned out it showed me the loading sign for the second buy while I was attacking.

 

If I am in an attack, I am not allowed to buy stuff/ load other pages etc, so if my buy didn't already process due to lag, it shouldn't be waiting for my attack t finish to then process on server side. It should have returned an error that you cannot make this action while attacking someone.

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

I am not even sure how to replicate this without using direct requests and scripts, because no matter how fast I click around, there's no way to start an attack within the milliseconds it takes to process your buy request. Even with manual throttling of the network, I am seeing no issues with the purchase request being delayed:

 

_SCOFIELD_ [1441750]

It’s not the first time it has happened to me but a couple times actually.

 

yes it difficult to reproduce and is likely caused by a slow internet connection where some request gets delayed but the next is instantly processed, but if a bazaar buy request is received on the server and the use is in an attack, it should return an error instantly instead of waiting for attack to finish to give a successful buy

Fishyfox [2010062]

"I am not even sure how to replicate this without using direct requests and scripts" is probably the answer to this issue here. Hand over your scripts scofieldyboiiiii XD

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Pavel has checked the logs for the specific transaction and has mentioned that the buy request was most definitely sent after the attack was finished. He has also reproduced the exact circumstances on dev box yesterday and has confirmed that the attack will not even start if a buy request is in queue. The attack request will wait for the purchase request to finish or timeout. This was also the case for the screen recording that I provided, even though it may appear otherwise.

13:01:38 - 01/03/26 Trapinch bought some Vicodin on Sarcastic_Seal's bazaar at $5,000 each for a total of $5,000

Trapinch initiated an attack against Sarcastic_Seal 13:01:39