Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

MoDuL's Racing Projects.

Started by MoDuL [4022159] on in Racing.

2 replies · 72 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
4
Authority score
34 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
MoDuL [4022159]

MoDuL's Racing Projects

Built with passion, obsession, and a phone.

Recently, I joined Torn (96 days in at the time this was written), and I instantly fell in love with racing.

Coming from an IT and software development background, my creativity kicked into overdrive. With every achievement I unlocked, my excitement kept growing, and I started building tools to make the Torn racing experience better.

The crazy part? I started building Race Tracker on my phone because my laptop had a battery issue.

My mates were calling me crazy for trying to do all this in Google Sheets.

And yet… here we are.

The latest version of Race Tracker is now about 98% functional. There are still a few issues to iron out, but I’ve done my best to make it as easy to use as possible.

🏁 [Spreadsheet] Race Tracker v4.0.1 — Public Release

My biggest project so far. A racing companion built in Google Sheets, designed to track, organise, and improve the way I experience racing in Torn.

It may not be perfect yet, but it’s built with usability in mind and shaped by countless hours of testing, tweaking, and persistence.

🎨 [Script] MoDuL's: Racing Theme Changer

Around the same time, I discovered BrainSlug’s Racing Theme Changer.

I liked the idea, but it wasn’t PDA compatible, so I started modifying it and adding my own touches. After changing nearly 95% of the original version, I decided to release my own take on it.

The result is a more personalised, PDA-friendly version with extra features and plenty of MoDuL flavour.

🚗 [Script] Restore OG Car Names

My OCD kicked in hard when I realised I couldn’t remember or recognise the cars properly.

So I created Restore OG Car Names — a simple but satisfying script that brings back the real car names and makes everything feel right again.

🔍 [Script] MoDuL's: Custom Race Filter

Then came the custom races and 100-lappers.

Probably one of the youngest racers around at Level 22, with 679 races and RS 17, I wanted something smarter to help filter and manage races.

That’s how MoDuL’s Custom Race Filter was born — a functional little work of art built to save time and improve race selection.

⏱️ [Script] MoDuL's: Lap Recorder

This was probably the toughest challenge of them all.

While checking my spreadsheet, I realised there was no proper way to capture all lap times with millisecond accuracy. Torn gives you your fastest lap and total race time, but that only lets you calculate an average lap time — and that average can often be more than +6 seconds away from your actual fastest lap.

That didn’t sit right with me.

So I started with a small idea: a window that could record the last lap time and save it as HTML. But that wasn’t enough. I kept pushing it further until I managed to create a full stopwatch-style solution.

Over 130 versions and code revisions later, Lap Recorder became the most difficult and rewarding thing I’ve built so far.

I welcome you to enjoy these projects, and I truly hope you can feel even a part of the excitement I had while creating them.

Race Smart, Race Quick, Dominate!