Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Vault Thief

Started by Johnwaynegacy [2944413] on in Faction Discussion.

112 replies · 1.72k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 113 / 113 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
113
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
68 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Cooyun [3869876] ×5 DoobieSmokin [3255641] ×2 Hairy_Flex [317178] ×1

Johnwaynegacy [2944413]

 Just wanted to put this out there as a heads up.

Our faction had a banker who has been with us from the start of the faction with zero issues. He was trusted and extremely consistent with handling withdrawals without any red flags. Out of no where they cleared the faction vault and took nearly 5 billion before bailing and blocking everyone.

 

I know this kind of thing happens in torn but it still sucks when it's your own built trust over such a long period. I'm posting this so other factions are aware and can avoid getting burned the same way. Don't assume long term means there trust worthy because they could have been planning it from the start.

 

I want to make sure no one else has this happen to them. Now our faction is only allowing the leader and co leader to withdraw funds for members but I know that may not be feasible for larger factions. I would like to know what larger factions do because I don't want to have to rely on someone again because this one hurt the faction a lot.

 

Here is some proof to show what happened.

 

 

Here is the last thing he said

 

After he made what I thought was a joke he took the money and ran. I guess he wasn't joking and he added an extra 0. lol

jimmy025 [3647356]

Ever since th nuke theft lots of changes have been happening this is a hell of a end to my first year sorry that happened to you guys:/

ClaireDeyLune [2900498]

Cooyun

 

^ A clicky link for the thief, in case anyone needs it! He's a total weakling, less than a year old. 

 

Vault thieves are super scummy, sorry that this happened to you guys :( Been on the stolen-from side of things too and it's deffo awful. 

 

Hope you guys can recoup what you've lost!

 

Mentions: Cooyun [3869876]

Johnwaynegacy [2944413]

So he was one of the founding members and everyone trusted him because he helped out anyway he could so he gained banker rights. He did that role perfectly for a very long time until randomly this day. If your talking about the amount of money we just won a war which added about 800m to the vault and some people don't always withdraw there money so it built up. I was also adding money to my balance because I was trying to use that space to save for a company thinking it was safe. That collectively came to about 5b.

Avery [2765920]

Not to sound like a dick, but 5bil isn't that much overall. They war, relatively successfully for a small faction by the looks of it, without taking cache splitting into account.

 

If the thief was an early member, it isn't overly crazy.

 

Edit - I didn't even weigh in on the theft goddamn

 

MrSleepy [3353934]

I understand stealing 300 or even 700b. That money gets you to trillions of stats, where very few people can fk with you. But 5b? Thats just stupid 😂

Chris5295 [974757]

Never leave money in your vault. The leader should put that shit into stocks. Leave like a bil, or something you can reasonably cover, for transfers. If someone steals what’s in there, it shouldn’t be anything worth posting on forums about.

womp womp.

 

06:38:06 - 07/03/26 You added Cooyun to your targets list with the description : Halloweek Hosp :)

Amagous [2351007]

I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you man. It's never easy when someone betrays your trust, especially for pixel money.

Also, a 10% banking fee?? Wtf is that? No one should be having to pay a fee to access their money. If that's your faction standard, get rid of that immediately or you're going to bleed members over pocket change in the longterm.

Edit: He has an AI Profile Pic too?? Seems like every vault thief these days has one. Just don't ever give someone with an AI Profile Pic vault access anymore, ever, in any faction. Not sure what it is about the apparent commonality in their psychology, but it's been rampant.

Johnwaynegacy [2944413]

That fee was supposed to be a joke I assume we don't have a fee for withdrawals. They just message for money and we send it no questions asked.

Amagous [2351007]

Since this thread doesn't have any memes yet, and I'm more-than-willing to beat down on a Vault Thief:

Cooyun [3869876]

I think coming to the forums to cry about a mistake YOU PERSONALLY made is crazy work too.

and on reddit.


I even gave BACK 1.7bn so that none of the regular members lost any money.... the only person who lost out was JWG.


All this crying is just sad.   Its a crime game, this is part of it.   You put 5bn in front of a new player and expect them not to take it you are kidding yourself.  You only have yourself to blame.

Had I known you would cry this much I wouldn't even have gave the 1.7bn back, but the regular members of the faction don't deserve to be screwed.


17:58:35 - 04/03/26 You sent $1,700,000,000 to Johnwaynegacy

DoobieSmokin [3255641]

I just warred with these guys! Great hitters, great turtlers. Sad to see, especially for so little, yet so much. Sucks even the noobies are doing it because they see it in the newspaper. But hey, thats torn ig

Amagous [2351007]

"It's a crime game" does not directly translate to "It's okay to be a total piece of s**t and abuse people's loyalty and trust." 

Apate [2348539]

I get the vibe if you played long enough to see how the entire game bands together around forcing vault thieves to quit or have an unplayable experience, you wouldn't be throwing out lines like "You only have yourself to blame."