What do you all think Mailbox 2.0 is gonna look like? Is it really possible to make improvements on a system that has reached perfection a century ago?
Mailbox 2.0
Started by Wollongong [12833] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 26
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 53 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 57 / 100
- Engagement score
- 71 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor
· 1 likes ·
works fine lol https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dSSfEENzsIg
I’m greatly concerned that the change is gonna be I can’t use mail box trigging Armageddon for my torn and then I have too leave torn forever
.
i'm sure it'll work as well as chat 3.0
Would honestly love if it offered items to go along with it.
Instead of just a message, it'd be a letter with an envelope (you can shop around for colors, designs), add wax seals (maybe customizable imprints) etc.
[image: i.imgur.com]
Summary
I don't expect any functionality changes, and TBH hope it doesn't have any in regards to ability to do some slick HTML mails. I suspect the changes will be centered around AI being fed the context for moderation.
Ideas
Custom mailbox icons on profiles for $5
[image: i.imgur.com]
This is actually Mailbox 2.0 so the next one is 3.0
an integration of personal calendar, to-do list and a shitty ass discord clone would be nice... oh wait thats Microslop office 365...
Well, that's mailbox 2.0 done. What about 3.0?
I think it's gonna look like a mailbox
can we at least forward cringe mails? or will it constantly load, timeout and fail to connect like our new chat?
Connecting to the server...
Failed to connect after 3 attempts. Please refresh!!!
soon™.
I dunno.
But I plan to use it as an excuse to claim I didn't receive important faction mails that tell me what to do for as long as humanly possible!
Well torn mailbox could do better.
-Mailing list to friends, enemies and targets.
-Filter Spam Mails
-Ability to send SEDs within mails.
Possibilities are endless.
It's going to be amazing, I know it. Look at the mega sized icons for chat and the exemplary settings animation. Going to be getting faction emails in different size fonts and color titles. Mail gonna have backgrounds with literal lit fire animation to really get us fired up for war. 🔥 🔥 🔥 <--- definitely more of this too but picture AI writing it. The sound clips that auto-play at ful volume is what I'm probably looking forward to the most, besides the faction option to make my phone ring and vibrate when sending me a message, ofc. Do you think we'll have the option to save our prefered orange background with like green font so we don't need to manually change it? What about pre-written emails that send at scheduled times or on a repeating schedule? Those would be fun, right?! YES! I hope it's not going to have boring things like senders being able to see if a mail has been read, unless that feature is broken and automatically confirms it has been read when it hasn't. If we could send horse heads or explosive packages IN MAIL MESSAGES I think I'd shit bricks. Oh, maybe every subject line could automatically be "THIS MAIL IS GOING TO MAKE YOU SHIT BRICKS". It'd be a throwback to Torn's hayday. Like an easter egg every time a friend writes. It's probably why title length was increased on threads in the foru.... ms.... OMG 😲 I bet we'll have the option to have our mail go to recipient and auto-post to General Discussion (green leafs only). Or maybe once we complete a certain education we can send mail to all of Torn. That would be great with the postponed send feature. Imagine, we could still be getting messages from Nova about how unfair his fedding was. Like messages from the dead. God, I can't wait for this incredible update.
Hopefully I can then just write a message and send it to multiple people at once. And not only the options I get with the faction newsletter. No, I mean personal messages which I can then send to a few people where I can choose something like {username} which auto fills when the message gets send.
Yo FR though, can we get CSV targeting of faction members so we can dump like 50 assholes that still have revive on into a targeted mail?
Thanks.
I can block strangers.
I want that
I hope it gives me the ability to stop receiving a weekly 39th street recruitment mail, that'll be neat.