Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Shoplifting merit problem

Started by Mengde [3951567] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 126 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
Mengde [3951567]

Hello I have a problem, I want to get merit where you have to achieve 100% notoriety at all stores at the same time in Shoplifting

 

and my shoplifting skill already reach level 78 , I wait for max nerve + refill and I also get rid of the mountain bike but I can only do half of the shops

 

Any advice on how to get the merit?

WastedYouth [1626654] Reporter

You can stack nerve using alcohol past your nerve bar limit (similar to energy stacking). 

Generally there’s no benefit to doing so, but this merit in particular requires it!

lneacx [3986848]

I suggest starting your attempt right before day rollover so that you can take two refills back to back. I have a facmate in a similar pickle, who decided to stack nerve over max with cannabis to really make sure.

Hemicopter [2780600]

Stack nerve, and use red easter eggs. those give you 250 nerve each, and drop in the upcoming easter event.

 

If you can help it, don't level up any further, so that you need less nerve to get there.

Knirt [3033570]

St Patrick's day is coming for a beer boost.  A job in a pub gives nerve refills for points, that's how I did it.  It's rather hard and the higher you get in the crime the more nerve it takes.  Been a while but I think I needed like 400 or so.

aessedai82 [3436693]

Just sharing how I did it
> St Pat's (If you miss this you still have Beer Day)
> stack nerve until the event ends -> aim for at least 250 to 300 (the more the merrier because 78 is pretty high)
> after event remove mountain bike
> only do the crime when ALL the security is UP -> you want to fail or crit fail as much as possible to get your notoriety up quickly (hopefully there'd be someone to bust you when you crit fail)

The last point is very important -> I failed the first time during St Pats because the camera was down in bits n bobs and i didn't have enough nerve to push through

All the best!