Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn API - Iventory

Started by Promaxian [4058902] on in Questions & Answers.

3 replies · 58 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
25 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
Promaxian [4058902]

I was working on a script and wanted to get the list of items in a my inventory.

Originally I planned to use:

https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=inventory&key=KEY 

But the API returned

{
    "inventory": "The inventory selection is no longer available"
}

I also tried using:

https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=items&key=KEY

However that returns 

{
    "error":{"code":16,"error":"Access level of this key is not high enough"}
}

Even though my key is full access

So why was the inventory selection removed and Is there another way to retrieve all items in a player's inventory through the API? I need this for a userscript I'm working on.

 

Also should this be in Bugs and Issues?

IndyCision [2597200]

It is waiting for the  inventory rework to be implemented.

Queries took too much processing power on the current system, which is why it was removed.

IndyCision [2597200]

No, it is waiting for the inventory rework before any API access to it gets added/re-enabled.

You can manually scrape your inventory from the page when you actively view it (via a browser script) but nothing that doesn't basically involve you having to scroll through it in the first place.