Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Anime Recommendations

Started by SmittenKitten13 [3018331] on in TV & Movies.

25 replies · 125 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
26
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

SmittenKitten13 [3018331]

Good day all. 

 

I'm looking for new anime recommendations. I ran out all the new good ones unsure what to watch next. 

 

Personally like Slice of Life, Isekai. Revenge anime is a bonus. 

 

Top Favorites:

 

Ancient Magnus Bride

Black Summoner

Psychopass (Not Isekai or Slice of life) 

 

Thanks in Advance.🍻

grothwubler [3490077]

Tokyo Ghoul

Akira

Death Note

Overlord

Outlaw Star

Black Lagoon

Gurren Lagann

Monster

Paranoia Agent

Angel Cop

Samari Shamploo

Gangsta

Berserk (1997)

Devilman Crybaby

Ghost in the Shell

Attack on Titan

Vinland Saga

Sneaky [1138769]

Seraph of the End touches on the revenge aspect a bit. Cool action anime with super OP vampires with a ton of emphasis on deep emotional ties to those you choose as family. Good stuff. 

 

I recommend this one often: but Trigun Stampede is a sci-fi action/drama focused on pacifism, trauma, and a philosophical conflict between brothers. It’s not really revenge at it’s focus but - especially paired with its new sequel, Trigun Stargaze - it’s really a beautiful story. 

Mushimushi [2271267]

Haven't watch much recently, besides the mainstream shonen, but my favourite anime is Mushi-shi. More a a quiet, wandering type story based in feudal Japan. It concerns a guy Ginko who studies lifeforms known as Mushi — entities that exist somewhere between the natural and supernatural, practically below microorganisms. All-in-all, really cool.

NikolaIl [4133645]

Second comment covered good ones...i would add. Vampire hunter d, demon hunter, solo leveling,  komi can't communicate, hi score 

fREakEr [1844126]

Ancient Magnus Bride hun, good taste.

 

Keeping the same genres in mind:

 

Another

Deadman Wonderland

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord

Vampire Hunter D

Blood-C

Hellsing

Dororo

Erased

Chainsaw man

Hells paradise

D.Gray-man

Fire Force

Flying witch 

 

LOG HORIZON

 

Should suffice for now.

 

 

Demitori [2152427]

acendence of a book worm season 3 is droping now. 

jobless rencarnation 2 seasons, season 3 coming out this year

the begining after the end

sugar apple fairy tale is slice of life

i watch to many O.o um um um 

food wars 

re:monster

campfire cooking in another world with my absurd skill

lostinthewoods [246387]

Yuri slice of life animes, bloom into you and citrus. 

I second ascendancy of s book worm, sooo good!!!

Kenshin live action, such a different take and not necessarily anime, but from anime.

Hellsing, because those glasses and anime transitions

 

Trigun stargaze, its different and still made me cry and enjoy it.

DrZed [237786]

For Isekai

I recently watched Mushoku Tensei 

,

 

Then I watched Arifureta: From commonplace to worlds strongest. ( I liked the first one I mentioned better)

 

There is one called The emminense in shadow seems like it is  Isekai. with revenge in it. I only saw a few episode. I did not like it much but that does not mean you may not.