Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stock Splitting

Started by BiscuitsDaddy [3974045] on in Stock Market.

1 replies · 142 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
34 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
BiscuitsDaddy [3974045]

Noob Question Probably...

How do I split shares of a stock...?

I see that there was a link in your stocks for personal portfolio where it was very clear cut.

Example: I have 2000 shares of a random stock. I want to split into 1000 and 1000 to sell only 1000 shares. 

Is that possible anymore or do I just have the sell all and re invest the extra 1000?

glitch__ [3624212]

If you have 2000 shares of a random stock, and you want to sell 1000, you don't need to split the stock.

 

When you tap on the "Owned" column, it allows you to buy or sell any number of stocks, and you can then select how many stocks to sell without having to split it and without having to sell all.