Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Error in forgery crime

Started by Rinawa [2926441] on in Questions & Answers.

4 replies · 89 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
Rinawa [2926441]

Hello, I'm having trouble with the Forgery section of the crime mode. I don't understand why none of my attempts work. This has been happening for over a year, even though I've been playing for several months. I understand that I need to level up my Forgery skill and have the special item (which I do have), but I still can't get past level 1. I never manage to complete a crime correctly. I'd like to know if this is a bug in the game, a mechanic I don't understand, or if I'm missing a level. Thanks in advance for reading, and I look forward to your replies.

nihilisticcat [2112766]

Your overall crime experience isn't high enough to attempt forgery yet, build it up by starting at search for cash and bootlegging, once you get the lower level skills to 100 each you'll eventually build to a point where the harder crimes like forgery and arson can be done :)

IndyCision [2597200]

Your individual crime skills only give a very small boost to success rate (they mainly unlock more options/outcomes within the crime itself) - your total crime experience gained from ALL crimes is what has the most impact on your success.

 

Each crime has its own difficulty level and are listed in order, from the easiest (search for cash, bootlegging, graffiti) to the hardest (forgery, scamming, arson) - and if you are not "ready" for them you end up wasting a lot of nerve (from the higher frequency of failed attempts) or actually LOSE your progress and some of your total crime experience making you worse off than before (red critical fails)

 

This is why the advice when levelling up your crime skills is "always spend your nerve on the easiest 2 or 3 crimes not already at 100" so that you are always "ready" for the next crimes in the list.

 

Rinawa [2926441]

Oh, I understand. Even though I've managed to commit higher-ranking crimes, I'm going to start with the basics to increase my crime level. I honestly didn't know about that mechanic. Thanks a lot for the information.