Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Levelling Cracking

Started by Aeleander [4001246] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 308 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

Aeleander [4001246]

Hello, 

I'm trying to raise the level of cracking, but it seems impossible. I'm encountering several critical failures, and the experience I gain with bruteforcing I lose all with critical failures. 

Is it normal? Is there something I'm missing out? 

Thanks

Zoddd [3445375]

I think, given your age, cracking is not the best crime to do. Cracking is nerve heavy crime, instead do search for cash

 

Dov [1649810]

Defo work on some easier ones, raise your crime experience and natural nerve bar before trying the harder ones.

 

They are set in order of easy to hard, top to bottom, personally I would start at the top and work your way down as and when you reach 100 skill in each.

Pete1994 [965235]

You haven't even got search for cash to 100 yet, still with that first, and consider going through each of the crimes one by one 

Knirt [3033570]

I wish the game told new players that the farther down the crimes list the more base difficulty is built in.  Gives a poor new player experience. 

 

Start with search for cash and go mostly in order.   Read the guides and you can learn where you can kinda skip ahead or slow play some like skimming.   Get the easier ones to 100, grab the merits and move on.  When you work up,to cracking it,will be rather easy, just takes a while. 

GrineliBoi [3624093]

Not a mistake but not optimal.

 

I'd advise graffiti (vandalism) but using nerve on search for cash whenever you see something is 90%+

 

You want to build the hidden successful crime chain and if you're stuck with low % on sfc when you check you're either going to ruin that chain or keep your nerve capped.