Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Issue regarding upgrades

Started by LiLJimmy525 [3186177] on in Racing.

9 replies · 90 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
36 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100
LiLJimmy525 [3186177]

I recently got my racing class to class C. Issue is I have 0 racing points and only a couple upgrades in my class-c car

Yes, I know it was really dumb of me; but how do I proceed, bearing in mind i'm coming 5th and 6th in every race.

 

Ac3to [2196357]

It does though. To add a 'first step': enter many, many races and your racing skill will increase. 

 

Then as Stanchercomic said, Once your racing skill significantly increases you'll start doing better.

 

Since you have 0 racing points, there's not much else to do if you're using the best car for the track.

Rogue [1873490]

Ignore the stuff above about racing skill. Skill is a very minor factor compared to the car and upgrades on relatively short official races.

 

Get yourself a Volt RS and stay only in official races on the five tracks that are at least part dirt (mudpit, stone park, hammerhead, two Islands, parkland). You will still struggle but should eventually get some podium finishes to upgrade your C car. Note after you leave an official race it's 15 minutes to enter a new one.

 

Then save some points for B class (read Baldr's Racing FAQ).

 

Full Guide for no racing points

Mentions: No Points Racing Recovery Guide by Rogue

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

It happens, just join official races until your skill increases enough to earn some racing points.

 

It will take about half a month tops without doing anything special and just #YOLOing it.

 

Throwback to when I did this 🫠 

 

02:36:49 - 01/06/24 You fitted the Fast Road Camshaft upgrade to your Alpha Milano 156 for 6 racing points and $9,000  
02:36:42 - 01/06/24 You fitted the Polished Throttle Body upgrade to your Alpha Milano 156 for 4 racing points and $5,000Copy Log finally had enough points to kit out my car (saved them up)
23:33:02 - 12/05/24 You fitted the Ported and Polished Head upgrade to your Alpha Milano 156 for 3 racing points and $6,000Copy Log used my remaining points
23:32:09 - 12/05/24 You fitted the Polished Throttle Body upgrade to your Alpha Milano 156 for 4 racing points and $5,000Copy Log used my remaining points
01:05:08 - 12/05/24 Your racing class increased to DCopy Log ranked up with like 7 racing points 🫠
22:22:30 - 10/05/24 You fitted the Strip Out upgrade to your Papani Colé for 1 racing point and $0 upgraded!

 

 

Edit: actually I think the graph was a month I forgot to race. Found the logs instead.

Stanchercomic [3245790]

What's vague about it?

 

You do race -> racing skill increases slightly -> eventually racing skill increases enough you occasionally place and get point -> after you place a few times you spend points -> new part makes car go slightly more vroom -> repeat

Lemonzorba [2409992]

Another vote for the Volt RS. I spent 1 point on it in total and invariably won every single mudpit, often won Hammerhead and would regularly place top 3 in Parkland

 

I then saved every other point I earned from that point onwards

DannyTheViking [623338]

Hey I'm in the same bought and some how after 43 races I came 2nd twice in a row and now I got 4 points. Just keep repeating and hopefully for the best